Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

I'm a little late to this party, and I tried reading back but couldn't quickly find the answer. Question... So, is ESPN+ replacing what used to be broadcast on ESPN3 (such as FCS playoff games) or is it in addition to ESPN3. I'm basically asking if I'll need to pay for ESPN+ to watch the playoffs or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    I'm a little late to this party, and I tried reading back but couldn't quickly find the answer. Question... So, is ESPN+ replacing what used to be broadcast on ESPN3 (such as FCS playoff games) or is it in addition to ESPN3. I'm basically asking if I'll need to pay for ESPN+ to watch the playoffs or not?
    From what I've read here and elsewhere online, ESPN+ is taking the place of ESPN3. I'm going to play it safe and subscribe. Don't want to...but that appears to be my only option for regular season games and the playoffs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    From what I've read here and elsewhere online, ESPN+ is taking the place of ESPN3. I'm going to play it safe and subscribe. Don't want to...but that appears to be my only option for regular season games and the playoffs. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I get cable and ISP through Midco, so I am safe for the in season games with KVLY. But for playoffs, I got ESPN3 on my home internet, or else Midco gave me a code I could use if I was out of town to get ESPN3. That worked out slick... I guess I'll have to wait and see if they completely shut down ESPN3 or not.

All signs point to anything you'd actually want to watch going to ESPN+. If I had to guess I would bet that ESPN3 will cease to exists completely in a relatively short time. They already tried last year to push the new branding of Watch ESPN instead of ESPN 3. While technically 2 different things, I believe that whole marketing push was to further solidify the idea that "all" digital content from ESPN was available through Watch ESPN and now ESPN+ is just an added level to that.

I really hope espn + will be available on college extra. To me if it is not, that is horseshit. Will the game watch locations around the country want to dick around trying to stream a game? Maybe, maybe not? I’m sure some places it won’t be a problem, but who knows types of setups are out there at the various establishments

It was always nice to watch NDSU or other fcs games for that matter at pretty much any sports bar in the country
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Or have Direct TV sports pack.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I really hope espn + will be available on college extra. To me if it is not, that is horseshit. Will the game watch locations around the country want to dick around trying to stream a game? Maybe, maybe not? I’m sure some places it won’t be a problem, but who knows types of setups are out there at the various establishments

It was always nice to watch NDSU or other fcs games for that matter at pretty much any sports bar in the country
    Yes, most bars have the ability to stream these days. It's 2018, not 2008.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I love the Pluto option. I have no clue how the money would work out, but I have to admit I get jealous every single time I go to that guide and see the big sky conference channel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I love the Pluto option. I have no clue how the money would work out, but I have to admit I get jealous every single time I go to that guide and see the big sky conference channel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It's cool. Not much sports available but they really stand out when your flipping through the program guide which has limited sports, unlike ESPN plus where you will just be a needle in the haystack. They have a replay of a Weber vs Sac State going on right now.

With a year round channel, you could do some cool things like air all the teams weekly press conferences, make a weekly preview show, post game pressers, football coaches shows for each team, spring games, signing day events, national radio call in show with poll and Twitter responses, and even simulcast teams pre/ post game radio shows for all 10 teams. You could make it like a mini Big Ten Network

But here's the deal. ESPN+ should give the conference their own streaming channel anyways. Were giving them free content. It's not going to harm them by hosting it since the teams produce the content. I would feel much better about this deal if we actually got to promote the conference since ESPN has no desire to. They dont even run promos for the National Championship game.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post

ESPN+ is made for streaming purposes only (I believe) while ESPN College Extra is something extra you pay to DirecTV for in order to get out of market games. While both provide the similar content, they are not the same. One is internet based while the other is available from a satellite provider.
    Hail the BISON!!!