Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    My smart tv isnt so smart. I dont have an espn app and you cant down load one. So whats my option???
    That's typical, smart TVs normally have fewer app choices that are less frequently updated. You can buy any of the devices I listed. I prefer Rokus and Chromecasts, but that's just my personal taste. Rokus have a remote and on-screen menu, while Chromecasts work totally from your Android phone with no remote or on-screen menu. Firesticks and ApleTVs are like Rokus but tied to Amazon's and Apples ecosystems. All should have WatchESPN and ESPN+ apps.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That's typical, smart TVs normally have fewer app choices that are less frequently updated. You can buy any of the devices I listed. I prefer Rokus and Chromecasts, but that's just my personal taste. Rokus have a remote and on-screen menu, while Chromecasts work totally from your Android phone with no remote or on-screen menu. Firesticks and ApleTVs are like Rokus but tied to Amazon's and Apples ecosystems. All should have WatchESPN and ESPN+ apps.
    So you buy the Rokus for lets say 50.00 from Amazon. Is that the only expense or do you have to go to ESPN and subscribe? Or do you do that through the Rokus stick app?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

So you buy the Rokus for lets say 50.00 from Amazon. Is that the only expense or do you have to go to ESPN and subscribe? Or do you do that through the Rokus stick app?
    What brand TV?

Lardsin must go!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Roku/device purchase is a one time fee. Then you individually subscribe to whatever service you want. You can easily add and remove services on a month to month basis with no cable technician appointment. Many offer free trials if you want to apply. You can set up your account through the app on the streaming device or through your computer and then just log in through the device. I generally preferred ding it on my computer because it was easier to enter the information.

One thing to note is the apps are built by the software company and they sometimes have different interfaces fur the different devices. For example, the PlayStation Vue app for Firestick was very different than the one for Roku. But Hulu now seems to have a very similar interface for both.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So just to be clear here. If you live out of ND, the only way you are going to watch bison home games this year is on ESPN+, correct?

Also, it can be viewed on the web? YOu dont NEED a roku stick or anything like that. Correct?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

My smart tv isnt so smart. I dont have an espn app and you cant down load one. So whats my option???
    I thought you had a laptop you hooked up to your tv. Remember....you're dongle?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All 2017 and later Samsung Smart TV's will have the ESPN app, sounds like they are rolling out an update to include it on pre 2017

Not sure on other brands

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    So just to be clear here. If you live out of ND, the only way you are going to watch bison home games this year is on ESPN+, correct?

Also, it can be viewed on the web? YOu dont NEED a roku stick or anything like that. Correct?
    Yes. unless a game gets picked up for some reason by the main networks.

Yes it can be viewed on the web. I used my PC w/windows 10.

You do not need a Roku, but for $35 they are a decent investment as they come with a remote.
    Also if you have a computer with a HDMI or displayport out you can run a cable from your computer to your TV. Which is what i did with ESPN3 before I got my roku

Glad too see that some others are as technically inept as myself. Sounds like some people need to get a move on. They need to buy devices yet and order the espn+ app. Don't make it harder than it is. It's really pretty simple.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    Glad too see that some others are as technically inept as myself. Sounds like some people need to get a move on. They need to buy devices yet and order the espn+ app. Don't make it harder than it is. It's really pretty simple.
    yes it is simple

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/what-is-espn-plus/