Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

Yeah, I bought a Gen 4 Apple TV (TVos is on Gen 4 and later). Since I use it to host my watch parties, I didn't want to take any chances. Works great for ESPN+ and Amazon Video...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Good to know. I have 2 of the older FireTVs with the network port, 1 older Fire Stick and a new FireTV. I moved my new FireTV into a room where my old Fire Stick was and the WiFi range is much better and runs faster. I moved my Stick out to the garage and it is pretty slow when running PS Vue, may have to keep my eye open for if/when the Stick goes on sale for $25 again.
    It was like last week. They had a random impromptu sale.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Good to know. I have 2 of the older FireTVs with the network port, 1 older Fire Stick and a new FireTV. I moved my new FireTV into a room where my old Fire Stick was and the WiFi range is much better and runs faster. I moved my Stick out to the garage and it is pretty slow when running PS Vue, may have to keep my eye open for if/when the Stick goes on sale for $25 again.
    If you're a Prime member that's right now.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Ugh... I went with the Samsung because it supported Hulu+. Can't win 'em all, I guess...*

*(unless you're the 2013 and 2018 Bison Football team...)
    You'd think they'd (ESPN) be working currently on updating the Samsung app to support ESPN+. You'd think so at least... I mean there are more than a few Samsung smart TVs out there.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

You'd think they'd (ESPN) be working currently on updating the Samsung app to support ESPN+. You'd think so at least... I mean there are more than a few Samsung smart TVs out there.
    They said Samsung will have an update, they were not sure when though

2017-18 tvs are compatible

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have a couple smart TVs and I don't bother trying to use their app set. I have 1 Roku and 3 Firesticks. The app developers aren't focused on the smart TVs. That makes sense since i'm sure the volume of users with smart TVs is much smaller than the Roku/Fire/Apple market. Focus on where most of your customers are.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I have a couple smart TVs and I don't bother trying to use their app set. I have 1 Roku and 3 Firesticks. The app developers aren't focused on the smart TVs. That makes sense since i'm sure the volume of users with smart TVs is much smaller than the Roku/Fire/Apple market. Focus on where most of your customers are.
    I'm sure there are but the number of smart TVs isn't insignificant at all. They don't even really sell any "dumb" TVs anymore and Samsung is probably the most popular TV brand in the world. I don't really know what it takes to update the app but it doesn't seem like it would be that tough since it already supports ESPN3 streaming. The service has been out for 5 months now also so it's not like they haven't had time.

FWIW there's a ton of Xbox Ones and PS4s out there also that they support ESPN3 on but don't support ESPN+. It just seems lazy is all.

I got a TCL Roku TV and couldn't be happier with it.

actually, I wish I'd gotten a bigger one.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sure there are but the number of smart TVs isn't insignificant at all. They don't even really sell any "dumb" TVs anymore and Samsung is probably the most popular TV brand in the world. I don't really know what it takes to update the app but it doesn't seem like it would be that tough since it already supports ESPN3 streaming. The service has been out for 5 months now also so it's not like they haven't had time.

FWIW there's a ton of Xbox Ones and PS4s out there also that they support ESPN3 on but don't support ESPN+. It just seems lazy is all.
    Exhibit A why you NEVER buy a TV brand's own Smart TV. Samsung has hung around the longest, but customer Smart TVs are dying. A lot of TVs come with FireTV or Roku built in...way smarter.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Exhibit A why you NEVER buy a TV brand's own Smart TV. Samsung has hung around the longest, but customer Smart TVs are dying. A lot of TVs come with FireTV or Roku built in...way smarter.
    Smart TVs are dumb.

I’m learning a lot. SmartTvs are evil and a new stadium will create another dust bowl. Thanks Bisonville!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery