Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    So I'm trying to run this on a smart phone or tablet. The apps say they are up to date. My next move is to contact them.
    I had delete the ESPN app than reload it. That got me my sign in page. Once I did that it worked fine on my Android

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Deleted the app and reinstalled. Watched the Lions vs the Jets on it with no problems. Didn't see many zenners.

Lardsin must go!

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My work has an Apple TV 3rd generation and that app loads just fine. Mine doesn't do anything at all. It just say loading. Not sure what else I can do. Guess I won't watch Bison football this year.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    My work has an Apple TV 3rd generation and that app loads just fine. Mine doesn't do anything at all. It just say loading. Not sure what else I can do. Guess I won't watch Bison football this year.
    It has nothing to do with the distribution channel, it's the app. You would have the same problems if it was ESPN3.

Maybe try All Access. They at least have the radio feed.
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Try doing what others recently did - delete the app and reinstall it.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Do you have a phone? Or just a plain TV with an HDMI? (Maybe the apple tv has a HDMI input????) Rokus are cheap......

In terms of streaming, ESPN or others, Rokus are definetly cheap...but developers update their UI and apps very frequently with Apple TVs. I have zero problems streaming anything or having some sort of access issues with my Apple TV 4k. If someone is in the market for a streaming device to watch ESPN+ or even Netflix, Youtube, Hulu etc. you honestly can't beat a 4th gen or greater Apple TV.

So, I signed up for ESPN+, works fine on my iPhone. However, when I try to access it on my Samsung SmartTV, I only get ESPN3 games, no plus games... tried logging out and back in multiple times. Nothing.

Thoughts?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I had the same problem and I have a 3rd generation Apple TV. Not sure what you have, but here's what I did, but first, anything below a 4th generation doesn't let you delete and choose your own apps, they come with predetermined apps already installed for you so there's that. So for me, I had to reset my Apple TV to get it working, it sucks because you have to go through the whole tv provider and password crap for each app again but its worth it if you want to watch Bison football.
    But if you have a 4th generation or higher, just do what others are saying to delete app and reinstall...if that doesn't work try my method.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    So, I signed up for ESPN+, works fine on my iPhone. However, when I try to access it on my Samsung SmartTV, I only get ESPN3 games, no plus games... tried logging out and back in multiple times. Nothing.

Thoughts?
    ESPN hasn't written an app that supports ESPN+ streaming to the Samsung smart TV OS yet. I found out the same thing after I signed up. Actually, ESPN didn't have an app at all for Samsung smart TVs until January of this year I believe. It's the same deal with my Xbox One ESPN app. ESPN3 games work fine but ESPN+ games don't show up at all. Here's the list of ESPN+ supported devices: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/ar...orted-devices-
    • iPhone
    • iPad
    • tvOS
    • Android Handset
    • Roku
    • Chromecast
    • FireTV

Honestly I don't get what's so tough about updating their app to support ESPN+, at most all they'd have to do is add a login function with an ESPN account. You'd think they'd want to maximize the value of this offering given that it's new and they want to hook people in so they'd want to get it on as many devices as possible but ESPN is not known for thinking logically when it comes to rolling out new content.

tl;dr You'll have to buy a Fire Stick or a Roku, plug it into your Samsung TV, and use the ESPN app on that.