Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Espn+

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Guess it's gone and that sucks for me. Was easy to pay for that package and watch on TV when I wasn't busy with hunters. Now I have to figure out this Smart TV/Modem/Internet/Streaming/Wi Fi........the F^^^king list is endless!! I thought all this technology was supposed to make things easier....just confuses the shit out of this cowboy!
    Right there with you.

I met a reporter with ESPN a couple of months ago, and that was the first time I paid attention to ESPN+. Seems like a step backwards. Thought with my cable package, I'd still be able to just watch on TV, but now it's more complicated. Guess I'd better start my subscription today, so I'll be ready for next weekend's game.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Guess it's gone and that sucks for me. Was easy to pay for that package and watch on TV when I wasn't busy with hunters. Now I have to figure out this Smart TV/Modem/Internet/Streaming/Wi Fi........the F^^^king list is endless!! I thought all this technology was supposed to make things easier....just confuses the shit out of this cowboy!
    I loved it. Could record all of the games I was going to miss because I was away at a game. Plus I could record the Bison game as well so I could rewatch it.

Is this streaming thing going to allow us to record multiple games at the same time?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I loved it. Could record all of the games I was going to miss because I was away at a game. Plus I could record the Bison game as well so I could rewatch it.

Is this streaming thing going to allow us to record multiple games at the same time?
    That's what makes it better. You don't have to record anything because it's usually available on demand.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So...I don't understand all this and need help. Can I pay for ESPN+ on my home computer and watch the games on that??

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    So...I don't understand all this and need help. Can I pay for ESPN+ on my home computer and watch the games on that??
    Yes. Just go to espn.go.com and click ESPN+ in the upper right hands side of the screen. It's just left of the "Watch" drop down button.
    Hail the BISON!!!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Yes

You can also buy a device or smart TV that is able to load the ESPN app. These are either small boxes or sticks that plug directly into an HDMI port on your TV (I.e. Rocky, Firestick, Apple TV). Rather than use your cable box as the source you use the streaming device. That would probably give you a better picture and viewing experience than your computer, but you can definitely watch it on your computer.

Thanks, guys...I'm doing what you said but my screen stays stuck on "processing text" when I click on "ESPN+ subscriptions." I'll give it awhile....

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Yes

You can also buy a device or smart TV that is able to load the ESPN app. These are either small boxes or sticks that plug directly into an HDMI port on your TV (I.e. Rocky, Firestick, Apple TV). Rather than use your cable box as the source you use the streaming device. That would probably give you a better picture and viewing experience than your computer, but you can definitely watch it on your computer.

But do you have to hook it up to your computer or just get a thumb drive or the box device. So where do you buy this stuff?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    But do you have to hook it up to your computer or just get a thumb drive or the box device. So where do you buy this stuff?
    Rokus, Chromecasts, Firesticks, and AppleTVs all plug into your TV and have nothing to do with your computer. Choose whichever device's ecosystem you are currently most familiar with.

Buy them through Amazon, Google, or apple or Best buy.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Rokus, Chromecasts, Firesticks, and AppleTVs all plug into your TV and have nothing to do with your computer. Choose whichever device's ecosystem you are currently most familiar with.

Buy them through Amazon, Google, or apple or Best buy.
    My smart tv isnt so smart. I dont have an espn app and you cant down load one. So whats my option???