Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

tcbison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Espn+

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I had the same problem and I have a 3rd generation Apple TV. Not sure what you have, but here's what I did, but first, anything below a 4th generation doesn't let you delete and choose your own apps, they come with predetermined apps already installed for you so there's that. So for me, I had to reset my Apple TV to get it working, it sucks because you have to go through the whole tv provider and password crap for each app again but its worth it if you want to watch Bison football.
    But if you have a 4th generation or higher, just do what others are saying to delete app and reinstall...if that doesn't work try my method.
    Thank you! I knew I couldn't delete the app and reinstall it on my 3rd generation. I was wondering if a reset would be the was the next step but I wanted to see if anyone had experience with that. I appreciate the help.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It has nothing to do with the distribution channel, it's the app. You would have the same problems if it was ESPN3.

Maybe try All Access. They at least have the radio feed.
    I never had any problems with ESPN3 and wish it hadn't changed.

BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Do you have a phone? Or just a plain TV with an HDMI? (Maybe the apple tv has a HDMI input????) Rokus are cheap......
    I have an older Roku on my upstairs tv(wifi) that I can switch to downstairs if I really have to. My Apple TV downstairs(which I have wired) has always worked flawlessly until now.

BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    ESPN hasn't written an app that supports ESPN+ streaming to the Samsung smart TV OS yet. I found out the same thing after I signed up. Actually, ESPN didn't have an app at all for Samsung smart TVs until January of this year I believe. It's the same deal with my Xbox One ESPN app. ESPN3 games work fine but ESPN+ games don't show up at all. Here's the list of ESPN+ supported devices: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/ar...orted-devices-
    • iPhone
    • iPad
    • tvOS
    • Android Handset
    • Roku
    • Chromecast
    • FireTV

Honestly I don't get what's so tough about updating their app to support ESPN+, at most all they'd have to do is add a login function with an ESPN account. You'd think they'd want to maximize the value of this offering given that it's new and they want to hook people in so they'd want to get it on as many devices as possible but ESPN is not known for thinking logically when it comes to rolling out new content.

tl;dr You'll have to buy a Fire Stick or a Roku, plug it into your Samsung TV, and use the ESPN app on that.
    I see it says Fire TV. I wonder if that includes the Fire TV Stick? I would assume so. I bought a Fire TV Stick when it first came out for like $15 but gave it to a relative because it didn't work on an old tv that I had.

BISON PRIDE!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    I see it says Fire TV. I wonder if that includes the Fire TV Stick? I would assume so. I bought a Fire TV Stick when it first came out for like $15 but gave it to a relative because it didn't work on an old tv that I had.
    Yes, that includes the Fire Stick. I've got seven Fire Tv devices, two of which are sticks. Works on all of them.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Yes, that includes the Fire Stick. I've got seven Fire Tv devices, two of which are sticks. Works on all of them.
    Thank you!!

BISON PRIDE!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    Thank you!!
    I can't recommend the FireTV over the Stick enough. The FireTVs have so much more power and run so much more smoothly/quickly. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I can't recommend the FireTV over the Stick enough. The FireTVs have so much more power and run so much more smoothly/quickly. FWIW.
    I have a brand new one, it works absolutely fine. Zero issues with DirecTV Now either, which is an intensive app.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I have a brand new one, it works absolutely fine. Zero issues with DirecTV Now either, which is an intensive app.
    Good to know. I have 2 of the older FireTVs with the network port, 1 older Fire Stick and a new FireTV. I moved my new FireTV into a room where my old Fire Stick was and the WiFi range is much better and runs faster. I moved my Stick out to the garage and it is pretty slow when running PS Vue, may have to keep my eye open for if/when the Stick goes on sale for $25 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    ESPN hasn't written an app that supports ESPN+ streaming to the Samsung smart TV OS yet. I found out the same thing after I signed up. Actually, ESPN didn't have an app at all for Samsung smart TVs until January of this year I believe. It's the same deal with my Xbox One ESPN app. ESPN3 games work fine but ESPN+ games don't show up at all. Here's the list of ESPN+ supported devices: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/ar...orted-devices-
    • iPhone
    • iPad
    • tvOS
    • Android Handset
    • Roku
    • Chromecast
    • FireTV

Honestly I don't get what's so tough about updating their app to support ESPN+, at most all they'd have to do is add a login function with an ESPN account. You'd think they'd want to maximize the value of this offering given that it's new and they want to hook people in so they'd want to get it on as many devices as possible but ESPN is not known for thinking logically when it comes to rolling out new content.

tl;dr You'll have to buy a Fire Stick or a Roku, plug it into your Samsung TV, and use the ESPN app on that.
    Ugh... I went with the Samsung because it supported Hulu+. Can't win 'em all, I guess...*

*(unless you're the 2013 and 2018 Bison Football team...)
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery