Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Hybrid View

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Espn+

Haven't seen this talked about anywhere. I'm reading online that ESPN3 is getting discontinued in favor of their new subscription based site ESPN+

Does anyone know if this affects football? I don't live in the state broadcast area so I depend on ESPN3 to watch all of the games.
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

Default Re: Espn+

It was back a few pages. Here is the thread:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...hlight=espn%2B
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by duluthbison View Post
    Haven't seen this talked about anywhere. I'm reading online that ESPN3 is getting discontinued in favor of their new subscription based site ESPN+

Does anyone know if this affects football? I don't live in the state broadcast area so I depend on ESPN3 to watch all of the games.
    ESPN+ is 4.99 a month and can be cancelled anytime.

I said this on the other thread but I haven't been able to confirm that we have to get ESPN+ but it sounds like it. I don't have to figure it out until the second game so I'll have plenty of time.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I found a website that said the Missouri Valley (and others) have opted to go with espn+. It's a way to get more money for the smaller conferences.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I found a website that said the Missouri Valley (and others) have opted to go with espn+. It's a way to get more money for the smaller conferences.
    How much do we want to bet that they WON'T increase the production budget despite being on a subscription service?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can anyone tell me if Plus will be on the Direct TV game day package like ESPN 3 used to be?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    On the Missouri Valley Conference call yesterday, Patry V said the conference doesn't get a penny from ESPN+
    Were basically giving away the product for what amounts to ok exposure that will suddenly be much less available.

One of the guests asked her if we would consider a conference stream and she said no.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    On the Missouri Valley Conference call yesterday, Patry V said the conference doesn't get a penny from ESPN+
    Were basically giving away the product for what amounts to ok exposure that will suddenly be much less available.

One of the guests asked her if we would consider a conference stream and she said no.
    Hey Patty......

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Gabe is hitting on a key point; is the exposure still there is not as widely available? I don't know the answer to that. I suspect it is yes, but it will be diminished a bit.