Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MVFC Preseason Poll and All-Conference Teams

Default 2018 MVFC Preseason Poll and All-Conference Teams

The MVFC preseason poll was released this morning and NDSU was the unanimous pick to win the MVFC title this year. The preseason all-conference team is released later today I believe so I'll post that here as well when it is announced.

http://www.valley-football.org/docum...Poll.pdf?id=40

1. North Dakota State (39) 390
    2. South Dakota State 340
    3. UNI 270
    4. Youngstown State 258
    5. Illinois State 248
    6. South Dakota 206
    7. Western Illinois 163
    8. Southern Illinois 139
    9. Missouri State 90
    10. Indiana State 41

Fun fact: Despite being voted as the MVFC preseason favorite in each of the last 7 years only once has NDSU been the unanimous pick and that was 2013.

Default Re: 2018 MVFC Preseason Poll and All-Conference Teams

NDSU picked to win the Valley. In other news, the sun came up in the east today.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bigger gap between 2 and 3 than 1 and 2. Are we really that much better than the rest of the Valley?

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Bigger gap between 2 and 3 than 1 and 2. Are we really that much better than the rest of the Valley?
    We can hope.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    That's not really what that means...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    It's a poll......and of course the correct answer is......Duh, yes!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Correct. It could mean that 2nd and 3rd are evenly matched and considered just a little tiny bit from 1st. It says nothing about the gap between 1st and 2nd. It only says that 2nd and 3rd are close. How far behind 1st, who knows? Well, actually, we all know!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Correct. It could mean that 2nd and 3rd are evenly matched and considered just a little tiny bit from 1st. It says nothing about the gap between 1st and 2nd. It only says that 2nd and 3rd are close. How far behind 1st, who knows? Well, actually, we all know!
    Bingo, this right here. And there is always a team that seemingly jumps up, I think WIU has a shot at that.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Bingo, this right here. And there is always a team that seemingly jumps up, I think WIU has a shot at that.
    Have you looked at their first 6 games of the season? @Montana State, @Illinois, Montana, Youngstown, @Illinois State, NDSU. They could legit go 0-6 if the Montana schools play up to the hype.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Apparently the MVFC office wants to drag out the preseason polls and preseason conference teams as long as possible. They released the offensive 1st and 2nd teams this morning. So I'm assuming the defensive side won't come out until tomorrow.

http://www.valley-football.org/news/...sive-team.aspx

NDSU had the most in the conference with 6 players on the 1st and 2nd teams. They had 4 on the first team which tied YSU for the most.