Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Jerseys

Default Re: 2018 Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    If there's one thing I will always be glad for, we will NEVER have a white helmet.
    I don't know, man... i know this isn't a popular take around here, but i think a white helmet with old snorty on it or something would look pretty sweet. Especially with a white on white jersey and pants combo.

But that is just, like, my opinion, man...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I don't know, man... i know this isn't a popular take around here, but i think a white helmet with old snorty on it or something would look pretty sweet. Especially with a white on white jersey and pants combo.

Any version of the Missouri Beatdown Whites is the kiss of death. You keep jonesing for a revival of that Nickel debate, don't you?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Any version of the Missouri Beatdown Whites is the kiss of death. You keep jonesing for a revival of that Nickel debate, don't you?
    If I don’t argue about something Bison related for a few days my hands start to shake...

All whites would be SUCH A MISTAKE. Same will blackouts- or all greys - these are 100% fads. We can do new, cool things with our current stuff, without looking like effing morons who have no original thought.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    All whites would be SUCH A MISTAKE. Same will blackouts- or all greys - these are 100% fads. We can do new, cool things with our current stuff, without looking like effing morons who have no original thought.
    Here's a litmus test.....

Does Minnesota, UN_, Ball State, Missouri State etc. do this "cool thing" in an attempt to stay relevant? If yes- then do not do that "cool thing"
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Here's a litmus test.....

Does Minnesota, UN_, Ball State, Missouri State etc. do this "cool thing" in an attempt to stay relevant? If yes- then do not do that "cool thing"
    So, first of all, I'm not going to get into an argument about jersey's even though i really need one, like really bad, man...

I also understand this take. I don't like all black or all gray or all anything if it isn't one of the colors of your team.

However, white, I like. Particularly because most teams have a white jersey. It's been around for years, its not just a fad. Plenty of great teams have done it, including Alabama and Clemson and many other successful FBS and FCS teams.

I would have no problem with all green or all yellow, or creating an option for all white. It doesn't bother me that we don't do it, but it wouldn't bother me if we did, and actually, like a lot of fans, I think, I'm interested in seeing something new on the field. Its just another thing to get into with a football team I love.

ALL OF THAT said... 2 points i want to make here are: It really doesn't matter too much what the fans think. As CAS has pointed out on here, it matters what the players like. And finally, it doesn't affect the play on the field at all, so, I'm not to worried about it being "SUCH A MISTAKE" for the success of our program in the Win/Loss column.

My thoughts. Take them or leave them.

So, first of all, I'm not going to get into an argument about jersey's even though i really need one, like really bad, man...

I also understand this take. I don't like all black or all gray or all anything if it isn't one of the colors of your team.

However, white, I like. Particularly because most teams have a white jersey. It's been around for years, its not just a fad. Plenty of great teams have done it, including Alabama and Clemson and many other successful FBS and FCS teams.

I would have no problem with all green or all yellow, or creating an option for all white. It doesn't bother me that we don't do it, but it wouldn't bother me if we did, and actually, like a lot of fans, I think, I'm interested in seeing something new on the field. Its just another thing to get into with a football team I love.

ALL OF THAT said... 2 points i want to make here are: It really doesn't matter too much what the fans think. As CAS has pointed out on here, it matters what the players like. And finally, it doesn't affect the play on the field at all, so, I'm not to worried about it being "SUCH A MISTAKE" for the success of our program in the Win/Loss column.

I am going to visit Pat and TAB's tailgate tomorrow and we are going to settle a few things.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I am going to visit Pat and TAB's tailgate tomorrow and we are going to settle a few things.
    Lol! Yes, bring it!

You don’t wear white after Labor Day. Case closed.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

++++++++++
    Go Bison.