Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Jerseys

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: 2018 Jerseys

Klieman had a camo hat!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    White jersey on Yellow pants with green helmet has not happened yet... in our history, as far as I know.

Looks awesome.
    This looks pretty good...…….and not too "Oregonian".

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    For some reason, I have the memory that Grant Olsen specifically petitioned Bohl for this in 2013? It was the first or second year of "Code green" games - even before the Green helmets. Again, I think it was one of the sunday night bison media blog chats briefly mentioning it.

My guess is that more than a handful of players would love a color rush
    I mean it’s not like it would be crazy or shocking anymore. Plenty of teams are doing this now. Plenty of great programs with stories traditions, too...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I mean it’s not like it would be crazy or shocking anymore. Plenty of teams are doing this now. Plenty of great programs with stories traditions, too...
    Agreed. 100%. I dont think wearing the same color on top and bottom is gimmicky at all, I just think its a good, standard look these days.

Chrome helmets, white outs/blackouts (when black isnt a primary color), smoke grey etc are an affront to the senses (IMO... obviously)

Basically any current or previous logo, and any current and previous color combo, and current or previous Jersey are fair game to me, without being insufferable gimmicky
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Agreed. 100%. I dont think wearing the same color on top and bottom is gimmicky at all, I just think its a good, standard look these days.

Chrome helmets, white outs/blackouts (when black isnt a primary color), smoke grey etc are an affront to the senses (IMO... obviously)

Basically any current or previous logo, and any current and previous color combo, and current or previous Jersey are fair game to me, without being insufferable gimmicky
    My thoughts exactly. I don’t mind a white out, either, since white is in 90% of any given program’s wardrobe.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t mind a white out, either, since white is in 90% of any given program’s wardrobe.
    We make fun of teams that come in to the dome with beat down whites. No.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Is it possible to agree with both of these? I dont think they are particularily gimmicky, given that every team has white at least as a secondary color... however it has become a punchline for visiting teams and now I am no longer interested haha
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I get that you don't like the white on white look. No qualms here. I happen to like it. I think it's a clean, polished look... Like the way our team consistently plays football.

Also, it should be noted that teams like Alabama and Clemson consistently wear "beat down whites."

I get that you don't like the white on white look. No qualms here. I happen to like it. I think it's a clean, polished look... Like the way our team consistently plays football.

Also, it should be noted that teams like Alabama and Clemson consistently wear "beat down whites."
    Last time Alabama wore all white was 1984, they went 5-6. Clemson has never worn all white, according to the interweb.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The difference is we don't play Alabama and Clemson. Look at the teams that come to the Dome in all white. We beat the crap out of them--and more than we usually beat on a team. Bad juju is bad juju. And you don't spit into the wind, pull the mask off of the lone ranger and you don't mess around with all whites for the Bison.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix