Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Jerseys

Default Re: 2018 Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    so, this is an interesting combination.......
    Believe me, I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this, but I think I've heard Izzo mention on maybe a few occassions that Matt Larson has vetoed the all yellow or all green looks- for what seems to be for Image purposes. Dont know why, but I know I've heard Izzo say it before. I want the color rushes bad tho
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    actually, in the interest of accuracy. I read somewhere that the Ohio State stickers are given out for team/position group achievements as opposed to individual.
    i've also heard that many are personal goals (like lifintg or GPA or whatever) and many are linked exclusively to academic achievement fwiw. Not saying we should do it
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Believe me, I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this, but I think I've heard Izzo mention on maybe a few occassions that Matt Larson has vetoed the all yellow or all green looks- for what seems to be for Image purposes. Dont know why, but I know I've heard Izzo say it before. I want the color rushes bad tho
    Explain...

i don't think there's anything preventing them from doing green helmet - green jersey - yellow pants (which is what that image could be), but i digress...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    Explain...
    I dont know WHY they think this, but it sounded like Larsen put a kabosh on that kind of look. Not a look we want to have for the football team apparently. maybe too new agey or not traditional enough? idk

Again, I dont know the reasoning, but Izzo mentioned it on one of the sunday Blog chats on the media blog
    3. It's time to go FBS

NDSU Could request the opposing teams wear a brown pants combo option to save them embarrassment in the on field coloration process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know WHY they think this, but it sounded like Larsen put a kabosh on that kind of look. Not a look we want to have for the football team apparently. maybe too new agey or not traditional enough? idk

Again, I dont know the reasoning, but Izzo mentioned it on one of the sunday Blog chats on the media blog
    Ah, got it. Although if being too new agey is their reason, I don’t think we would’ve gotten the yellow jerseys or green helmets. IMHO it’s only a matter of time. We’ve seen new uni combos almost every year now for the past 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    Ah, got it. Although if being too new agey is their reason, I don’t think we would’ve gotten the yellow jerseys or green helmets. IMHO it’s only a matter of time. We’ve seen new uni combos almost every year now for the past 3-4 years.
    agreed, and I hope you are right- would love to see it personally
    3. It's time to go FBS

agreed, and I hope you are right- would love to see it personally
    We know there are plenty of fans who want this, but I bet you there are a few players who would like it, too...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    We know there are plenty of fans who want this, but I bet you there are a few players who would like it, too...
    For some reason, I have the memory that Grant Olsen specifically petitioned Bohl for this in 2013? It was the first or second year of "Code green" games - even before the Green helmets. Again, I think it was one of the sunday night bison media blog chats briefly mentioning it.

My guess is that more than a handful of players would love a color rush
    3. It's time to go FBS