Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2018 projected lineup

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 projected lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Beck wasn't a "picture of health" but he played in 56 games (missed only 5) and was in on 308 tackles. He was tough as nails and the only player I ever saw who had a dislocated shoulder popped back in and go out and play.
    lol you act like i insulted his honor. Dude was a GREAT Football player. Fact remains without ALL WORLD levels of bad ass toughness he misses may more than 5 games not to mention productivity from being injured and playing. It is physically so hard on our guys to play through the valley gauntlet without being undersized. Play Hendricks like a hybrid safety LB if you want but not a true lb unless nickle package/passing situation. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    lol you act like i insulted his honor. Dude was a GREAT Football player. Fact remains without ALL WORLD levels of bad ass toughness he misses may more than 5 games not to mention productivity from being injured and playing. It is physically so hard on our guys to play through the valley gauntlet without being undersized. Play Hendricks like a hybrid safety LB if you want but not a true lb unless nickle package/passing situation. Thoughts?
    Not at all. Just saying I don't think his size was a problem.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Not at all. Just saying I don't think his size was a problem.
    Cool, my bad if i misread it i just know you have a special place in your heart for him as a bison. Hard to argue weather or not he'd have been healthier with an inch of height and 20lbs. I just was pointing out that, though a great player, maybe not the best example for someone who played tons of snaps and was healthy throughout as a slightly undersized player. We have the ability to use prototypical sized players now with our fantastic recruiting. Though I understand that coaches are going to find the guys with the heart and football smarts to play regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Bachmeier to WR is confirmed? I hadn’t heard that. Still listed at SS on the roster.
    https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...04286656765957

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Wouldn't consider FB a thin position. Besides Robbins and Malstrom there is Kuntz and Leopke in his RS year. Interior Defensive line also has Darnell who saw quite a bit of time with the injuries of the 16 year....also Tucker, he was thought of as a fairly good recruit, in addition to Alo, Biegler and Kelly.
    So are we thin now with Kuntz gone? Ching or Avery would be most likely to move. Not that either would have to switch positions but seems likely one or both would learn multiple positions.