Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 projected lineup

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 projected lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Wow! The only legitimate concern for this team is backup QB in case of a catastrophe.

The young talent across the board is all next level. If the young guys see some snaps they might make a mistake a two, but this team could win the MVFC with Stick and the 2nd and 3rd teams.

Hendricks could easily backup either OLB position and IMO, should be converted. The young talent at safety is just ridiculous.
    Preach brother! I mean you guys are just loaded. Been killing it with recruiting for damn near a decade straight. If you put the 2nd stringers in the Big Fluff they’d win the Autobild. Same for the 3rds in the CAA. Put the fr in the SOCON and I think you know what the semifinals would look like in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Dunno about Hendricks being too small to play OLB. Travis Beck and MJ Stumpf seemed to do OK.
    How dare you compare Beck to a mere mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Preach brother! I mean you guys are just loaded. Been killing it with recruiting for damn near a decade straight. If you put the 2nd stringers in the Big Fluff they’d win the Autobild. Same for the 3rds in the CAA. Put the fr in the SOCON and I think you know what the semifinals would look like in the tournament.
    Let's put it this way - our 2's and 3's would kill your team this year.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Wow! The only legitimate concern for this team is backup QB in case of a catastrophe.

The young talent across the board is all next level. If the young guys see some snaps they might make a mistake a two, but this team could win the MVFC with Stick and the 2nd and 3rd teams.

Hendricks could easily backup either OLB position and IMO, should be converted. The young talent at safety is just ridiculous.
    I think our 2 young QBs have some great potential, especially when they get regular reps with the first team. Both will have had 2 full training camps

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Let's put it this way - our 2's and 3's would kill your team this year.
    Let’s put it this way - you’re fucking stupid.

Make fun of any cancer patients/Make-a-Wish kids lately?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

why am I moderated? but this guy isnt?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    We are close enough to fall camp; guesses at the 2 deep:

QB - 1st Easton Stick(duh) 2nd ??? Open competition, my opinion it’s Hotchkiss but Trey Lance will be the guy if it’s late season and they don’t have to pull his shirt
    RB - 1st Bruce, 2nd Dunn, 3rd Brooks, 4th Wilson Nothing to complain about here!!!
    1WR - 1st Christian Watson, 2nd Dallas Freeman Fingers crossed Watson is legit
    2WR - 1st Shep, 2nd Dez Cain
    Slot - 1st Dmitri, 2nd Cain Hopeful more young kids step up at receiver but for now it isn’t great depth
    TE - 1st Ellefson, 2nd Nate Jenson The young’ens will get snaps but the old guys will hold down top 2
    FB - 1st Brock Robbins, 2nd Malstrom Not much to see here other than FB is a thin position so look for a possible position move to here
    LT - 1st Radunz, 2nd Collin Conner Both coming off injury...
    LG - 1st Conner, 2nd Luke Bacon Conner is an injury concern but Bacon can back up anything
    C - 1st Tanner Volosin, 2nd ??? Someone needs to step up or else it will be Bacon or Zach Kubas
    RG - 1st Bacon, 2nd Kubas Should be a good battle between vet and up and comer
    RT - 1st Zach Johnson, 2nd Cordell Volson Is Volson too good to keep off the field and if so, does that move ZJ to guard?
    Kicker and Punter - We love you, I promise, as long as you do your job. Lol, serious Cam is legit and Punter will be fine
    NG - 1st Steidl, 2nd Blake Williams We need a young guy to step up as an option here
    DE - 1st Menard, 2nd Caleb Butler
    DE - 1st Tuszka, 2nd Stanley Jones. And we got Waege, Mccormick and Sundt. Best DEs in FCS by far
    DT - 1st Cole Karcz, 2nd Blake Williams We will definitely play several DEs at DT against passing teams
    SLB - 1st Jabril Cox, 2nd Dan Marlette We are thinnest at LB i think
    MLB - 1st Marlette, 2nd Cox. Maybe Kennelly or Begley here but IMO we’d move JC if DM was out
    WLB - 1st Levi Jordheim, 2nd Aaron Mercadel Merc has shown flashes. Hope he can put it together
    1CB - 1st Jalen Allison, 2nd Marquis Bridges
    2CB - 1st Bridges, 2nd Jaylaan Wimbush
    Slot corner - 1st Wimbush, 2nd Josh Hayes I think I can confidently say this is the deepest we’ve been at CB in history
    FS - 1st Robbie Grimsley, 2nd ??? Could be Bachmeier but frankly if Robbie was out, we’ll rethink 3/4 of our secondary
    SS - 1st Hendricks, 2nd Grimsley

Thoughts...???
    Same as you except,

RB -- Red shirt Wilson... use him for his 4 games only. Give the other guys his reps for this year.
    WR -- I'm not sure Watson will start, but he'll contribute.
    OL -- I've got Johnson at RG, C. Volson at RT. (as you mentioned)
    DT -- Williams in front of Karcz
    LB -- MLB Marlette, Cox. WLB Jordheim, Mercadel. SLB Cox, Begley
    CB -- Dom Davis will be on the 2 deep
    S -- Tutsie will be on the 2 deep

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Dunno about Hendricks being too small to play OLB. Travis Beck and MJ Stumpf seemed to do OK.
    Beck, at 6' 214 was not exactly a picture of health during his career and MJ was 220 who didn't play a ton before his senior year. went from 12 tackles (Sophomore) to 17 tackles (Junior) to 81 as a senior.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Beck, at 6' 214 was not exactly a picture of health during his career and MJ was 220 who didn't play a ton before his senior year. went from 12 tackles (Sophomore) to 17 tackles (Junior) to 81 as a senior.
    Beck wasn't a "picture of health" but he played in 56 games (missed only 5) and was in on 308 tackles. He was tough as nails and the only player I ever saw who had a dislocated shoulder popped back in and go out and play.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix