Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 projected lineup

Default 2018 projected lineup

We are close enough to fall camp; guesses at the 2 deep:

QB - 1st Easton Stick(duh) 2nd ??? Open competition, my opinion it’s Hotchkiss but Trey Lance will be the guy if it’s late season and they don’t have to pull his shirt
    RB - 1st Bruce, 2nd Dunn, 3rd Brooks, 4th Wilson Nothing to complain about here!!!
    1WR - 1st Christian Watson, 2nd Dallas Freeman Fingers crossed Watson is legit
    2WR - 1st Shep, 2nd Dez Cain
    Slot - 1st Dmitri, 2nd Cain Hopeful more young kids step up at receiver but for now it isn’t great depth
    TE - 1st Ellefson, 2nd Nate Jenson The young’ens will get snaps but the old guys will hold down top 2
    FB - 1st Brock Robbins, 2nd Malstrom Not much to see here other than FB is a thin position so look for a possible position move to here
    LT - 1st Radunz, 2nd Collin Conner Both coming off injury...
    LG - 1st Conner, 2nd Luke Bacon Conner is an injury concern but Bacon can back up anything
    C - 1st Tanner Volosin, 2nd ??? Someone needs to step up or else it will be Bacon or Zach Kubas
    RG - 1st Bacon, 2nd Kubas Should be a good battle between vet and up and comer
    RT - 1st Zach Johnson, 2nd Cordell Volson Is Volson too good to keep off the field and if so, does that move ZJ to guard?
    Kicker and Punter - We love you, I promise, as long as you do your job. Lol, serious Cam is legit and Punter will be fine
    NG - 1st Steidl, 2nd Blake Williams We need a young guy to step up as an option here
    DE - 1st Menard, 2nd Caleb Butler
    DE - 1st Tuszka, 2nd Stanley Jones. And we got Waege, Mccormick and Sundt. Best DEs in FCS by far
    DT - 1st Cole Karcz, 2nd Blake Williams We will definitely play several DEs at DT against passing teams
    SLB - 1st Jabril Cox, 2nd Dan Marlette We are thinnest at LB i think
    MLB - 1st Marlette, 2nd Cox. Maybe Kennelly or Begley here but IMO we’d move JC if DM was out
    WLB - 1st Levi Jordheim, 2nd Aaron Mercadel Merc has shown flashes. Hope he can put it together
    1CB - 1st Jalen Allison, 2nd Marquis Bridges
    2CB - 1st Bridges, 2nd Jaylaan Wimbush
    Slot corner - 1st Wimbush, 2nd Josh Hayes I think I can confidently say this is the deepest we’ve been at CB in history
    FS - 1st Robbie Grimsley, 2nd ??? Could be Bachmeier but frankly if Robbie was out, we’ll rethink 3/4 of our secondary
    SS - 1st Hendricks, 2nd Grimsley

Thoughts...???
    Last edited by bison_by_blood; 07-27-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Default Re: 2018 projected lineup

Don't count Michael Tutsie out of the safety rotation. Klieman said if the new redshirt rule had been in effect he would have played against JMU. With some experience, the kid is going to be good. Dom Davis can help at corner and when we started to get thin at safety last year he started getting practice there. At linebacker, I think we are inexperienced and not necessarily thin. Both Pauley and Begley should hopefully get some playing time in the first three games.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Tutsie and Jaxon Brown in mix at safety. Bachmeier moved to receiver. I'd put Cain and Freemen ahead of Watson.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Izzo thinks Wimbush will be at FS. Plenty of depth at corner to have someone move over to a safety position either to provide depth or be a starter. If Hendricks isn't the starter i'd imagine he'll still see plenty of snaps

I'm pretty sure they moved Wimbush to FS in the spring. Tells me that they know they got something special with Bridges at CB. I'd guess that Wimbush either starts at FS (which means Grimsley stays at SS) or becomes the "nickel safety" a la Bryan Shepherd.

O-line is the area I think there's the most uncertainty about who will play where (that's not to say it's a bad thing - there's loads of talent it's just a matter of figuring out who fits where). I'd guess that the starters left to right will be Radunz, Conner, T Volson, Z Johnson, C Volson.

bison_by_blood -- you have NG, NT and DT all listed. Other than that, I see 7 for 8.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wouldn't consider FB a thin position. Besides Robbins and Malstrom there is Kuntz and Leopke in his RS year. Interior Defensive line also has Darnell who saw quite a bit of time with the injuries of the 16 year....also Tucker, he was thought of as a fairly good recruit, in addition to Alo, Biegler and Kelly.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good list! Man, we're deep, what a nice problem to have.

I would include Dom Davis in the CB 2 deep and he'll continue to be used at nickel as well. I would also keep Robbie at SS, and let Wimbush, Hendricks, Brown and Tutsie battle it out for the FS spot. As far as Dline, an abundance of riches there. Gonna be rolling them in and out like 2013. What a scene that was, 4 in and 4 out constantly.

Edit: Added Hendricks, thanks EC8CH!
    Last edited by 17>1; 07-27-2018 at 09:25 PM.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Wouldn't count out Hendricks contending for starting Left Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    bison_by_blood -- you have NG, NT and DT all listed. Other than that, I see 7 for 8.
    Fixed that. Was bound to screw something up, lol.