Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New campus housing options

Default New campus housing options

There are three new housing projects currently under construction on and adjacent to campus.

Apartment 1701 - This is an NDSU project located at 1701 N University and this building opens this fall. The building has 86 apartments. It replaces about a third of the old University Village.

1701.jpg

https://www.ndsu.edu/reslife/apartme...ing_fall_2018/

The Bridges - This is a privately owned development located at 1601 N University and this also opens this fall. The land is owned by the NDSU Foundation.

bridges.jpg

https://bridgesnd.com/

Catherine Cater Hall - This is a new NDSU dormitory located west of the high rises. It opens in the fall of 2019. Residents must be second year students.

https://www.ndsu.edu/reslife/residen...ing_fall_2019/
    Last edited by roadwarrior; 07-27-2018 at 01:19 AM.

533 In a row

Default Re: New campus housing options

Catherine Cater Hall. That’s tremendous. She was everything you wanted in a professor.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    There are three new housing projects currently under construction on and adjacent to campus.

Apartment 1701 - This is an NDSU project located at 1701 N University and this building opens this fall. The building has 86 apartments. It replaces about a third of the old University Village.

1701.jpg

https://www.ndsu.edu/reslife/apartme...ing_fall_2018/

The Bridges - This is a privately owned development located at 1601 N University and this also opens this fall. The land is owned by the NDSU Foundation.

bridges.jpg

https://bridgesnd.com/

Catherine Cater Hall - This is a new NDSU dormitory located west of the high rises. It opens in the fall of 2019. Residents must be second year students.

https://www.ndsu.edu/reslife/residen...ing_fall_2019/
    My daughter visited and said they took out HR lot for the new dorm. Where exactly are high rise residents supposed to park? (not to mention, I got a pass there when living off campus in pharmacy school)

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    My daughter visited and said they took out HR lot for the new dorm. Where exactly are high rise residents supposed to park? (not to mention, I got a pass there when living off campus in pharmacy school)
    R, I felt like they just threw everyone there when I was in school. Early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    R, I felt like they just threw everyone there when I was in school. Early 2000s.
    That lot lost a few to the new indoor track facility. When I was there in 98 they had people parking in Fargodome lot.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Some of the HR lot is being used for construction purposes, but I don't think any parking will be lost after completion of the building. That doesn't help matters for the additional residents however.

533 In a row

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Parking sucked when I was there 07-11. I have to imagine they need to build a ramp soon. Maybe adjacent to the engineering complex opposite of BBFH or R lot? Although building adjacent to the engineering complex would allow them to easily tie into the union with a skywalk which would be a huge plus.
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by duluthbison View Post
    Parking sucked when I was there 07-11. I have to imagine they need to build a ramp soon. Maybe adjacent to the engineering complex opposite of BBFH or R lot? Although building adjacent to the engineering complex would allow them to easily tie into the union with a skywalk which would be a huge plus.
    I think the visitor parking area by engineering and pharmacy would be an obvious spot to put a ramp.

There will never be a parking ramp on campus.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    There will never be a parking ramp on campus.
    Never is a pretty bold word. Why are you so certain? Its proven viable and currently the go-to for parking in terms of Downtown/Fargo. Its stupid to build out instead of up.