Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 College Football Season: Which games will/would you attend?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2018 College Football Season: Which games will/would you attend?

I'm always curious as to which Bison home/road games during the fall that my fellow Bisonviller's will be attending. I've added a little twist to my inquiry this year as I've been thinking outside the box a bit as far as my future travel plans.

I'll make the 7 home games for sure. I'll go to USD if I can find tickets and am thinking about heading to Springfield for the MSU game. I'll be in Argentina from 10/5-10/19 so I won't be going to UNI or Western. A little disappointed about the UNI game because that and SDSU are my two favorite conference road games. Hopefully I can stream them from South America!

My other question would be, if you could travel to any college football venue this season, or next, or whenever, to watch a game....where would you go? I'm considering the idea of trying to make a game on the road every year that doesn't involve NDSU, maybe during a bye, and if say it's an off year from an NDSU vs FBS game. Where and which opponent would you have on a bucket list?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Default Re: 2018 College Football Season: Which games will/would you attend?

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    I'm always curious as to which Bison home/road games during the fall that my fellow Bisonviller's will be attending. I've added a little twist to my inquiry this year as I've been thinking outside the box a bit as far as my future travel plans.

I'll make the 7 home games for sure. I'll go to USD if I can find tickets and am thinking about heading to Springfield for the MSU game. I'll be in Argentina from 10/5-10/19 so I won't be going to UNI or Western. A little disappointed about the UNI game because that and SDSU are my two favorite conference road games. Hopefully I can stream them from South America!

My other question would be, if you could travel to any college football venue this season, or next, or whenever, to watch a game....where would you go? I'm considering the idea of trying to make a game on the road every year that doesn't involve NDSU, maybe during a bye, and if say it's an off year from an NDSU vs FBS game. Where and which opponent would you have on a bucket list?
    Going to the SDSU game and National Championship Game if NDSU is involved.

In regards to other games, if my team isn't involved, I don't care.
    Hail the BISON!!!

No FBS game...so 10 ndsu home games.

I’ll be at Delaware and if all goes to plan Frisco. Would love to be at ANY NDSU vs FBS game this year. But if I had to pick, based on tailgating, city and national profile, Clemson would be tops for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post

You will probably need to set up a VPN before you go; that way you can "spoof" your computer is in the US to use ESPN3. I think that is what our friend in Germany does. Happy to help when you get to that point.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    I’ll be at Delaware and if all goes to plan Frisco. Would love to be at ANY NDSU vs FBS game this year. But if I had to pick, based on tailgating, city and national profile, Clemson would be tops for me.
    Did it once... it's a good time.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You will probably need to set up a VPN before you go; that way you can "spoof" your computer is in the US to use ESPN3. I think that is what our friend in Germany does. Happy to help when you get to that point.
    The help would be much appreciated! Thanks, I'll stay in touch as the time approaches.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Going to Deleware, college gameday if it happens, and Frisco of course if (when) that happens.

Although.... I did have a dream just last night that we played JMU in the championship again, and we got our asses beat. I woke up sweating and then slowly bean to chuckle... which grew into a hysterical laughing fit at the thought that someone could beat us in frisco this year.

My one year old son, Otto, looked up to me and said: Father, why must you laugh so boisterously this early in the morn?
    Me: I had a dream where James Madison beat us in the championship game this year, son.
    Otto: **Belly laughed so hard he pissed and shat his pants**

ok so the last half of that didn't happen, but I really did have the dream that JMU beat us last night. #BisonRubeProblems
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

UNI probably. Hopefully a postseason game too.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    UNI probably. Hopefully a postseason game too.
    Cal Poly- I havent made it back for a banner raising game yet so will get to do so this year
    If we get GameDay I would make it back so long as its not the the SDSU game due to being stuck in a wedding
    S.Ill - as my bday gift to myself
    Frisco 100%

As far as destination place, that I would like to go to U of Texas regardless of how good/horrible they are
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice