Dear Campus Community,

Provost Beth Ingram has informed me today of her decision to step down from her post to take up her tenured faculty position in the Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics, effective August 16, 2018. Beth came home to North Dakota after a successful career at the University of Iowa, where she served as Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education. She became Provost just as the state’s economy suffered a reversal, requiring her to make large reductions in the academic budget. She did so guided by the University’s determination to provide the best possible education to our students, support for faculty research, and service to the people of North Dakota.

Despite these challenges, Dr. Ingram was able to recruit six deans to join the University and bring about advancements in research administration, promotion and tenure processes, and student support. She represented North Dakota State University at numerous national conferences and was able to communicate to a broad audience about the outstanding achievements of NDSU faculty and students.

Beth will join the faculty and, I have no doubt, continue to make contributions to the University, albeit, in a different role. I appreciate all that she has done and will do as someone of rare talent, unquestioned integrity, and genuine determination.

Dean Bresciani

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk