Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Tailgate One of the Best in College Football

Default Re: NDSU Tailgate One of the Best in College Football

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    but did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?
    No, but sometimes that's not a bad idea.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    and what I'm getting at is the notion that there is some inherent danger with letting adults hang out in a parking lot too long on Saturdays in the fall but not downtown during the Street Fair or in that same parking lot during RibFest.

The disconnect is stunning.
    What I am suggesting (and obviously not too successfully) is that from one perspective it isn't a disconnect. Maybe the real reason isn't a concern over any inherent danger. There is a financial incentive to allow extended drinking at the Street Fair and Ribfest, but not at tailgating.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    What I am suggesting (and obviously not too successfully) is that from one perspective it isn't a disconnect. Maybe the real reason isn't a concern over any inherent danger. There is a financial incentive to allow extended drinking at the Street Fair and Ribfest, but not at tailgating.
    Right but that's not the argument anyone in power is making. For NDSU to be compared to any of those other tailgates completely ignores the restrictions that are not apparent to outsiders.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not a crank. I have no vested interest in this with the exception that I come back once or twice a year and would like to hang out with my friends a little longer. It just seems absurd to me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not a crank. I have no vested interest in this with the exception that I come back once or twice a year and would like to hang out with my friends a little longer. It just seems absurd to me.
    Ultimately, I think it ends up coming down to staff availability. You can’t stand around drinking alcohol anywhere else on campus.

You can do it at “events”. Football game tailgating is an alcohol approved event. That means Dome/NDSU personnel have to be there for the duration of the event. Thus, a specific end time.

They want to go home and the pool of staff isn’t unlimited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I’m guessing the hours have to do with staffing and clean up. Not only Police but Dome Staff. Some tailgaters are pigs and need to be moved out.
    That is definitely a big part of it, it has been since the dome opened and the tailgating occurring wasn't "officially sanctioned" like it is now. However, they do seem create some of their own work. The trash receptacles often times seem like there wasn't much thought into where they were placed. I also don't understand why they've started taking our half empty trash bags during the game. People come out after for a beer or two and then there's crap everywhere because there is no where close to throw things away. Then there is the plastic cup rule....don't get me started on that one.

Here's the issue with the security/police presence. Yes, it seems excessive in numbers but I guess they feel they need that many. The biggest issue is consistency. One week they will be completely hard-nosed about the tailgating end time to the point of starting verbal confrontations about nothing....and then the next week it isn't enforced at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not 100% sure about this based on how many lawsuits the company I work for gets, even if they are in noway involved. For example, a parent at a wrestling high school dual meet falls down the stairs and gets injured. Parent gets a lawyer and they sue everyone, including USA Wrestling even though the event wasn't sanctioned by us and was under the umbrella of their respective high school league.
    Inductive reasoning/anecdotal evidence leads to conjecture.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Ultimately, I think it ends up coming down to staff availability. You can’t stand around drinking alcohol anywhere else on campus.

You can do it at “events”. Football game tailgating is an alcohol approved event. That means Dome/NDSU personnel have to be there for the duration of the event. Thus, a specific end time.

They want to go home and the pool of staff isn’t unlimited.

I would agree if I didn't actually see this work nearly everywhere else.

You think Southern Illinois has an unlimited pool of staff?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post

Here's the issue with the security/police presence. Yes, it seems excessive in numbers but I guess they feel they need that many.
    That's the thing...they don't.

Two police officers, two EMTs, and like 5 'staff' is all they need to run the tailgating. That's probably being conservative as well. How many 'issues' have you ever heard about during tailgating?

Throwing all this staff and money on working hours from police/fire/etc then claiming "see, look how much time, money and staff this takes!" doesn't justify it at all.

I would agree if I didn't actually see this work nearly everywhere else.

You think Southern Illinois has an unlimited pool of staff?
    I'm quite sure 4 of us could handle a SIU tailgate. Ndsu is a different animal