Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Tailgate One of the Best in College Football

Default Re: NDSU Tailgate One of the Best in College Football

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Law abiding. This is North Dakota. People actually wait for cross walk lights to cross the street
    Where do you live? i see people walk against the light all the time.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Where do you live? i see people walk against the light all the time.
    So we were at the street fair last week and we walked across the street when we did not have the light. No cars were coming. The teenage stop sign holder called out to me that I could not walk now. We just kept walking. I suppose this means I am to blame for not getting extra tailgating? On a side note, I did not have a beer out at the street fair.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    OK, maybe I was a little too subtle earlier. Someone tell me how I can come to RibFest at 11am and drink for 12 hours on Fargodome property and somehow this is OK?
    Why dont you send that query to those who can make a difference???
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    That's the thing...they don't.

Two police officers, two EMTs, and like 5 'staff' is all they need to run the tailgating. That's probably being conservative as well. How many 'issues' have you ever heard about during tailgating?

Throwing all this staff and money on working hours from police/fire/etc then claiming "see, look how much time, money and staff this takes!" doesn't justify it at all.
    You don't staff for what happens though. You staff for what could happen. I'd guess there's standard metrics that are used to determine that.

It's all speculation, doesn't appear like anybody here really knows. But leave it to Bisonville to take an awesome national ranking and turn it into a bitching session.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I don' know how the Dome makes money off of Ribfest, but if they get a cut of the sales the difference could very well be
    If they handle it like a sport show then they charge 400-1500 bucks a spot depending on the sgft you are using. Then they charge at the door. But Harrys is the sponsor. So are they underwriting the fest and the money goes to them?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The dome owns all the drink stands (except lemonade) at ribfest. They make a tremendous profit of the beer and soda. All the drink stands are ran by volunteers who get donations for their respective groups similar to the concessions during concerts and other dome events. A private promoter "owns" ribfest and the rib vendors are actually given a guarantee by the promoter that they will do a minimum of "X" amount of sales during the event. Obviously, the promoter takes a cut of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    You don't staff for what happens though. You staff for what could happen. I'd guess there's standard metrics that are used to determine that.

It's all speculation, doesn't appear like anybody here really knows. But leave it to Bisonville to take an awesome national ranking and turn it into a bitching session.
    Shirley, this awesome national ranking will result in much more funding to NDSU and athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I would agree if I didn't actually see this work nearly everywhere else.

You think Southern Illinois has an unlimited pool of staff?
    I don’t know what Laws apply everywhere else.

NDSU is dry. Exceptions are made for events.

Staffing requires people willing to work it. You’ve already asked people to work these weekends. They’ve given a full day already. How much longer do you want them on duty and what’s the return?

Keep in mind that the extra revenue generated is exactly ZERO.

I know some will say F’em. If they won’t work extra, get somebody who will. Why would any business do something that fiscally stupid. Remember, there’s no revenue generated. None.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I don’t know what Laws apply everywhere else.

NDSU is dry. Exceptions are made for events.

Staffing requires people willing to work it. You’ve already asked people to work these weekends. They’ve given a full day already. How much longer do you want them on duty and what’s the return?

Keep in mind that the extra revenue generated is exactly ZERO.

I know some will say F’em. If they won’t work extra, get somebody who will. Why would any business do something that fiscally stupid. Remember, there’s no revenue generated. None.

Maybe stagger the hours a bit for a few...would be super simple.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Inductive reasoning/anecdotal evidence leads to conjecture.

Sorry, it's all I have to work with.
    Hail the BISON!!!