Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Tailgate One of the Best in College Football

Default Re: NDSU Tailgate One of the Best in College Football

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Nobody dying is a great thing. Now, is that stat in existence because of the policies set forth both by those in charge or because our tailgaters are responsible and law-abiding?
    Law abiding. This is North Dakota. People actually wait for cross walk lights to cross the street

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

did anyone catch the news reports that there was an increase Fargo police presence at the street fair this year because alcholhol was being served in special cups and people were to stay out of certain areas. They were going to report the following Monday on the violations.

OK, maybe I was a little too subtle earlier. Someone tell me how I can come to RibFest at 11am and drink for 12 hours on Fargodome property and somehow this is OK?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When did the lots fill last year? ZERO times. I know I’m counting reserved.

I’m guessing the hours have to do with staffing and clean up. Not only Police but Dome Staff. Some tailgaters are pigs and need to be moved out.

I would support staying later. Maybe another hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tailgating is great, not sure what people are complaining about. Would it be better if it were longer? Sure. But 5 hours is pretty good. As far as security and police presence, I never see a problem. If you aren’t doing anything wrong, they wont bother you. Tailgating at NDSU is huge compared to most every other FCS and a lot of FBS schools. Go to Grand Forks or Brookings and see what its like there and then you will appreciate what we have here.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Tailgating is great, not sure what people are complaining about. Would it be better if it were longer? Sure. But 5 hours is pretty good. As far as security and police presence, I never see a problem. If you aren’t doing anything wrong, they wont bother you. Tailgating at NDSU is huge compared to most every other FCS and a lot of FBS schools. Go to Grand Forks or Brookings and see what its like there and then you will appreciate what we have here.
    I dont think people are complaining about tailgating. Once in a while you find an overzealous police officer telling people to quit tailgating and turn their music off, but nothing major. People are complaining about not enough spaces early in the year when the weather is nice. It would be nice to have a small overflow section for those 3 or 4 games that are packed

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    OK, maybe I was a little too subtle earlier. Someone tell me how I can come to RibFest at 11am and drink for 12 hours on Fargodome property and somehow this is OK?
    You would have to ask those in charge why there are different policies between the two separate type of events. For example, is the insurance and responsibility risks shared among the vendors or just one party?

There are a lot of different other factors to be taken in when making these decisions. I'm pretty sure it can be assumed by us fans that the university and/or city can make decent money off of tailgating, but when the cost/risk analyst study is done, perhaps the assumption is proven wrong. My guess, those in charge make their decisions wisely, despite our wishes. As I said earlier, it just takes one incident to mess everything up. Even if something hasn't happened in the past, that doesn't mean it isn't possible to happen in the future.
    Hail the BISON!!!

You would have to ask those in charge why there are different policies between the two separate type of events. For example, is the insurance and responsibility risks shared among the vendors or just one party?

There are a lot of different other factors to be taken in when making these decisions. I'm pretty sure it can be assumed by us fans that the university and/or city can make decent money off of tailgating, but when the cost/risk analyst study is done, perhaps the assumption is proven wrong. My guess, those in charge make their decisions wisely, despite our wishes. As I said earlier, it just takes one incident to mess everything up. Even if something hasn't happened in the past, that doesn't mean it isn't possible to happen in the future.
    You’re failing to consider historical risk analysis. If no claims for years, the risk factor decreases significantly and, accordingly, the premium, and that’s assuming insurance is even a factor in the overall formula. Not convinced at all that it is. Claims against political subdivisions in Nodak (which NDSU/Fargo fall into) are limited by statute to $250K/person & 1million per occurrence for multiple injured persons per occurrence , so there’s that too. See what I mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

How many college students are at ribfest?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

All I know is we have virtually no issues. The liability is being way overblown in my non professional opinion.

If 2 people get in a fight and one dies, it has nothing to do with NDSU or the Fargodome. It would be a criminal charge just like if it happened at a house, bar, or park. The families victim could sue the other persons family. I suppose they could sue the dome or ndsu for another persons action but they would never win anyways. If someone gets injured in a fight and nobody dies but there are injuries, it's a criminal charge and a private civil suit. If someone crashes their car into someone, it's no different than if it happens on a public street or private parking lot. That's what car insurance is for. (My pickup got destroyed by hail as did half the dome 2 years ago)

Now if someone trips and falls they could sue the city, but they could do that the other 365 days per year at the dome or anywhere in town including my sidewalk in the winter

I could see the TM liquor license getting in trouble for selling to minors or over serving someone who dies but they run that place like professionals

I am no attorney but am I looking at this totally wrong?