Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ndsu Tailgate Tours (2018) & Fan Day (8-14-18) & Yard Signs!

Default Re: Ndsu Tailgate Tours (2018) & Fan Day (8-14-18) & Yard Signs!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Dominate the standard makes no sense, but the hulk Hogan font makes it sweet
    Just too sweeeeeeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I'm going to die on this hill but that could have been done better and might not have been the disaster everybody thinks it is. I'm Team Yellow all the way.

They have to find a better slogan writer, Dominate the Standard is stupid. Sounds like something Ben Newman scribbled on his "working" whiteboard.
    I agree on all accounts. Scream Yellow had potential...just handled poorly.

As far as Ben Newman...he just annoys the crap out of me. Probably just due to the sound bites. It gets old hearing a guy only speak in clichés.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree on all accounts. Scream Yellow had potential...just handled poorly.

As far as Ben Newman...he just annoys the crap out of me. Probably just due to the sound bites. It gets old hearing a guy only speak in clichés.
    Yeah, you can only hear so many Any Given Sunday speeches before they lose their edge. Although if it helps the players so be it I guess... but I could do without his stuff in the fan hype videos.

Maybe they should see if Al Pacino is available for pre-game motivation???

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Seems like they just took the "Attack the Process" slogan from last year (which I didn't think was that good of a fan marketing slogan either) and threw a dart at the related words to "attack" and "process" in the thesaurus.
    I don't get it. Standard is a poor choice unless used something like, The Gold Standard. By definition standard is "a basis for comparison. Other definitions of standard use the words usual, average and normal in them. NDSU Football is way better than average. So OK, Dominate the Standard, what is so great about that since it doesn't seem like the bar is set high enough.

Even though I don't like Ford trucks their slogan, "we are the bar" is a great one.

I'm fairly certain they're referencing NDSU as the standard to win championships. Until proven otherwise, the style of play NDSU uses is the way to win championships in FCS football. Hence the standard. Now go dominate whatever you need to in order to remain the standard. Not a tough marketing slogan to figure out. However, I doubt the marketing department has much say over whatever phrases the coaching staff is going to use to motivate the team for a given year. "Attack the Process" and "Dominate the Standard" sound like something straight out of a motivational speaker's notes... *Ben Newman ahem* Like has been said before, whatever motivates the athletes to perform year-round to produce championships is just fine for me.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I'm fairly certain they're referencing NDSU as the standard to win championships. Until proven otherwise, the style of play NDSU uses is the way to win championships in FCS football. Hence the standard. Now go dominate whatever you need to in order to remain the standar. Not a tough marketing slogan to figure out. However, I doubt the marketing department has much say over whatever phrases the coaching staff is going to use to motivate the team for a given year. "Attack the Process" and "Dominate the Standard" sound like something straight out of a motivational speaker's notes... *Ben Newman ahem* Like has been said before, whatever motivates the athletes to perform year-round to produce championships is just fine for me.
    Would you bet your mortgage on the standard being " to win championships. Until proven otherwise, the style of play NDSU uses is the way to win championships in FCS football. Hence the standard. Now go dominate whatever you need to in order to remain the standard"?

Another definition of "standard" is:

: a conspicuous object (such as a banner) formerly carried at the top of a pole and used to mark a rallying point especially in battle or to serve as an emblem

Pretty sure they want Bison fans to dominate tailgating.

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Another definition of "standard" is:

: a conspicuous object (such as a banner) formerly carried at the top of a pole and used to mark a rallying point especially in battle or to serve as an emblem

Pretty sure they want Bison fans to dominate tailgating.

Amen Brother!

They could have just said "Seven of Eight" and left it at that.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Always get a chuckle out of this. Nothing like seeing a family of 6 hoarding yard signs for all their yards.

Other note, I don't know who designed this years sign, but probably the worst one I have seen. Dominate the Standard? What
    That yard sign sucks. Maybe they figure if it sucks they wont run out. That font is corny AF.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com