Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Verbal: Reed Ryan

Default Re: 2019 Verbal: Reed Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Welcome Reed Ryan!
    The next Greg Menard/Derrek Tuszka???

http://www.wisconsinprepzone.com/spo...6212cd26a.html
    I'm hoping by the time he's a regular contributor we're talking about him as the next Logan McCormick or Spencer Waege.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm hoping by the time he's a regular contributor we're talking about him as the next Logan McCormick or Spencer Waege.
    ^This

I get just as excited about these verbals as anyone else, but I think we sometimes tend to forget about our current
    underclassmen and just how talented and deep this team is.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Our 3rd and long pass rush is going to be quite evil . We can throw 4 DEs with their ears pinned back at anyone since we rotate so many guys.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Finalist for defensive lineman of the year in Wisconsin (Tim Krumrie Award)

Reed Ryan, Waunakee - Ryan was a unanimous First Team All-Conference choice in the Badger-North last year, but his play in the Division 2 state championship game burst him onto the statewide scene. In a comeback win over Brookfield Central, he had 7 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, and 2 sacks, plus arguably the biggest play of the game when he forced a fumble deep in Lancer territory that changed the tide of the game. He finished his junior year with 69 tackles, 26 tackles for loss, and 16 sacks, and while full stats are not available for his senior campaign yet, they should rival the kind of disruption he caused a year ago. Also an outstanding wrestler, Ryan has accepted a football scholarship from North Dakota State.
    https://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/962351
    Last edited by bruinbison; 10-25-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Wisconsin Defensive Player of the Year
    (Large school)

Reed Ryan, a senior defensive end from Waunakee, was named the Large School Defensive Player of the Year. After 69 tackles, 26 tackles for loss, and 16 sacks as a (junior) , Ryan was even better as a senior. In leading the Warriors to an unbeaten regular season and trip to the state semi-finals, Ryan recorded 80 tackles, 37 tackles for loss, 18 sacks, six forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, two blocked kicks, and a fumble return touchdown in 2018. Like Hendricks, Ryan is committed to D1-FCS powerhouse North Dakota State.
    https://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/967706

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Wisconsin Defensive Player of the Year
    (Large school)

https://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/967706
    37 TFLs, 18 sacks, 6 FFs, 4 FRs, and 2 blocked kicks....

Good. Lord.

I really hope we can hold on to Ryan and Hendricks. It's going to be hard I have a feeling.

come on DEC
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    It's going to be hard I have a feeling.

That would be pretty amazing to have both WI players of the year, for large schools to boot. That said, we have proven that we are a school where a player can have a definite path to the NFL, and with a real developmental learning environment, and great team culture.