Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown To Cal Poly

Default Re: Countdown To Cal Poly

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Thanks for the stories Vet. I was at that 2003 Augie game in Sioux Falls when Rod Malone set the record for most rushing attempts in a game. Without checking I think he got close to 200 hard earned yards for the game. Rod was a machine that day and took a lot of hits. Must have wore him out that season as Rod was given the ball on 4th and short against UND when we needed it most and could not get that last important yard to keep the drive going. UND won and kept the nickel. That is all they got now. Must be tough to watch big brother have so much success.
    Your welcome. I have actually remembered and learned a lot myself (including how to count days). We traveled down to see that game as well. Just looked it up and Rod rushed for 225 on those 47 carries for 4.8 ypc. and 4 TD's. Not too bad.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

https://www.gopoly.com/sports/fball/...20180716hdpz3f

Mustangs picked to finish towards the bottom of the Big Fluff.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is UN_ eligible for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Technically yes, but it is a moot issue. They are not winning seven games.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eligible for an at-large, not eligible for the Big Sky autobid.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Technically yes, but it is a moot issue. They are not winning seven games.
    I don’t know, man. I hear they’re really hitting the weights this year. They’re gonna leave no doubt about leaving no doubt.

I don’t know, man. I hear they’re really hitting the weights this year. They’re gonna leave no doubt about leaving no doubt.
    Paul Fix

Day 46, tick tock. In his four regular-season games SDSU's Zach Zenner had 46 carries for a total for 177 yards. That's an average of 3.85 ypc, or .96 of a Zenner (that calculation is for you Loaf). The Bison record for passes attempted is 46 and is held by Steve Walker in 2006 against Ball State and Frank Esposito in 1951 against UN_. I doubt the record will be broken anytime soon.

I always look forward to paying my respects to one of the greatest Bison receivers of all time, Stacy Robinson. He was drafted by the new York giants in 1985 in the 2nd round as the 46th overall pick in the draft. He had a six-year career in the NFL and helped the Giants win Superbowls in 1987 and 1991. Stacy was the first NDSU graduate to win a Superbowl ring (followed by Tyrone Braxton who won two with the Broncos and some guy whose name I can't remember with the Eagles). He was inducted into the Bison Hall Of Fame in 1991 as a Football 3rd team All-American in football for his three seasons at NDSU. Some forget that Robinson was also honored as a two time All American in track and a six-time North Central Conference Champion. Tragically he died in 2012 at only age 50.
    http://gobison.com/hof.aspx?hof=100&path=&kiosk=

One of my favorites who wore #46 in the modern era for the Bison was Andrew Bonnett. He was a 6' 3" 250-pound fullback/tight end who played in 61 games (2012-2015 seasons) and caught 56 passes for 575 yards. He carried the ball only 8 times for 38 yards, but that wasn't his specialty. Bonnett was one hell of a vicious blocker.
    https://i.imgur.com/p1DeYVc.jpg?1

If the calendar calculator Christopher Moen provided for me is correct, tomorrow is 45 days to go.
    Paul Fix

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISON Thunder View Post
    https://www.gopoly.com/sports/fball/...20180716hdpz3f

Mustangs picked to finish towards the bottom of the Big Fluff.
    So you're saying that Poly will be towards the bottom of the bottom. Got it.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    That's an average of 3.85 ypc, or .96 of a Zenner (that calculation is for you Loaf).
    Is that what your abacus told you, or did you cipher that out all on your own.