Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown To Cal Poly

Default Re: Countdown To Cal Poly

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    But are they happy or merely keeping up appearances? WE NEED TO KNOW DAMMIT!
    She may be no Beth Hoole, but she's pretty enough that I will assume "yes."
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    But are they happy or merely keeping up appearances? WE NEED TO KNOW DAMMIT!
    I believe they live in Charlotte.. I hope to see him and Jock and Jills this weekend for game....

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    I believe they live in Charlotte.. I hope to see him and Jock and Jills this weekend for game...
    Ask them if they are really happy. what they have argued about, when are they going to have kids, do they really think about each iothers the in-laws and so on. Be sure and report back, BV wants to know.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Ask them if they are really happy. what they have argued about, when are they going to have kids, do they really think about each iothers the in-laws and so on. Be sure and report back, BV wants to know.
    It needs to be settled so we know who wins between him and Crocket. We aren’t just curious, we’re men of principle...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I am literally getting out my tailgate list and starting to pack the truck. Let's do this.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I am literally getting out my tailgate list and starting to pack the truck. Let's do this.
    That's funny I did the same thing tonight, as I smoked some almonds for Saturday.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Actually, I'm not that curious. But good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Actually, I'm not that curious. But good luck with that.
    Since that was sarcasm I am not either.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Before I start with today's missive unless I miss my guess the Mustangs will be traveling to Fargo today or tomorrow at the latest. This is one of those rare moments in writing these posts that I want to put the frivolity aside and be serious for a minute. Recently I was reading an article about College football traditions and came across what I thought as a very poignant story. In October 1960 after playing Bowling Green the Cal Poly team boarded a plane that crashed on takeoff due to being overweight, engine failure and fog. Sixteen players, a student manager, a booster, and four others died and twenty-two were severely injured. A memorial consisting of 18 columns was built to honor those individuals associated with Cal Poly outside of the football stadium. It is the first stop for any recruiting visit and before leaving for an away game the team stops by the site. They will be in my thoughts as they travel.

It is hard for me to believe there are only 2 days left in the Countdown To Cal Poly. Shortly after 48 hours from when this is posted, I will be tailgating and imbibing in a few shots. About 5 hours after that game rituals will start and I will be watching a banner raising, a tunnel walk and getting worked up with about 18,000 other fans for the opening kickoff. Some 3 hours or so later I should be going out of the Dome as a pretty satisfied Bison fan. Sunday I will watch the Bison Football Show and rewatch the game for that afterglow of a Bison victory if all goes as planned. Does anyone else feel like the countdown is standing still? The second picture is of Pat Paschall in a crowd against the Cyclones.

My soliloquy for day 2 concludes what I love about Bison football. Let the clapping and cheering begin. Tomorrow there will be 1 day to go in the Countdown To Cal Poly and we are finally finished. That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Just a few more thoughts for today. In spite of the knitters and milk drinkers I really enjoy the excitement and energy of the 18,000 plus fans in the Dome and watching the emotional attachment, good or bad that develops. Everyone, or at least most everyone, has a natural instinct to want to belong to a tribe like Bison Nation. There are also a few people who are really uninhibited and love making an ass of themselves when they are in a crowd. They can be very entertaining at times. Let's face it, because of the environment that has been created the Dome is not an easy place for teams to come into and play, especially the first time. Any guess on the over/under of Cal Poly false starts Saturday?

Football is also the only time I allow myself to be superstitious. During last season I wore a green Oregon football shirt. Yes, Oregon. A 4X shirt is a 4X shirt, although I think you can guess a few of the logos I wouldn't be caught dead modeling. I wore that particular tee every time the Bison played, at home or away, except for one game. Yes, it was the game we lost and I apologize. This year I am seriously considering wearing one of my Zig-Zag shirts and hopefully, it will help get us that 15th National Championship. Every one of us has to do our part. I have also observed that some players have their own superstitions. Did anyone else notice every time DeLuca came out of the locker room into the tunnel he cinched his gloves up? When he came back after his injury I commented to another fan when the tunnel walk began that Nick was going to play. His response was no, he is only coming out because he was a team captain. When he tugged on each of those gloves I knew he was playing. Then there are the rivalries. In that vein, I don't put it in the same category as beating Iowa or K-State, but beating the Rabbits, Panthers, and UN_ is always a treat. Anyway, these are 4 days worth of reasons I really like football.

** Jack Harrison was the 2nd Head Coach for NDSU during the 1900 and 1901 seasons. He had a record of 15-1-1 (.912).
    **There are 5 players that have the number 2 somewhere in their draft status and since I am working on a tight deadline I am going to be formatting things a little different. If I am slow in getting this posted THEsocalledfan or Scottie will be calling for there daily fix again. Anyway, the 1st number is round, the 2nd is the pick in that round and the 3rd is the overall selection. Got it?. Ernie Wheeler, 1931, Steelers 5/2/32; Mike Everson, 1973, Saints, 12/2/366; Stacey Robinson, 1985, Giants, 2/16/46; Steve Nelson, 1974, Patriots, 2/8/34; and Phil Hanson, 1991, Bills, 2/27/54.
    **Three Bison share the record of 2 kicks blocked in a game: Al Nowak, 1970; Greg Bentson, 1972; and Mike Sigers 2010.

Number 2 Pat Paschall (6-0, 198-pounds;2006-2009), was a very talented running back who transferred from Dodge City Community College in Kansas and played for the Bison in 29 games over 3 years. For a single game, he holds the record for average gain rushing (16.7), is 2nd in the longest rush from scrimmage (91), and 4th in most consecutive 100-yard rushing games. Pat was also #4 in most rushing TD's (4). For a single season, he ranks #4 in rushing yards average per game (139.7) and #5 in all-purpose yards per contest (158.3).
    https://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_i...&path=football

Dom Davis (5-11, 183- pounds; Junior) is currently a cornerback who wears #2. To date, he has played in 20 games and has been credited with 44 tackles (23 unassisted). In 2017 he played in 9 games and had 15 tackles with 5 coming from his special team play. He will probably continue to play a reserve role in a very deep and talented secondary. As always we need players like Dom to be ready when they are needed. Below are two pictures of Davis, the first one with Chuckie and in the second he is on the right making a tackle. They are followed by a link to Jeff and Dom where they had tabbed him as one of the players to watch in 2017.
    https://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_i...&path=football

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/top...rs-dom-davis//

Tomorrow there is ONLY ONE MORE DAY of my nonsense and The Countdown To Cal Poly. Click on the thread one last time tomorrow and see how it all ends.
    Last edited by Vet70; 08-30-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    Paul Fix

I can think of a player who went #2 overall in the draft......vet has started tailgating early!