Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown To Cal Poly

Default Re: Countdown To Cal Poly

Funny thing is I got a #16 jersey when Brock was playing as a loved him so much. (Not to mention, I was so thankful to have a legit QB again.) When RJ took his number, I joked immediately to my son, I have to put on my RJ Urzendowski jersey never realizing how my joke was later justified in so many ways......I'll never forget the first long pass from Wentz to RJ in the title game; it was right in front of me. Still can't believe he got open when that is exactly what the defense has to avoid.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Brock is the winningest QB in FCS...who holds the FBS title? (Too lazy to research, but perfectly willing to pose the question....)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Brock is the winningest QB in FCS...who holds the FBS title? (Too lazy to research, but perfectly willing to pose the question....)
    From January 2017, but I don't see how it could have changed.
    http://hersportscorner.com/winninges...tball-history/
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

North Dakota 9-man kickoffs tonight!

Lardsin must go!

Vet, need my daily fix!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Vet, need my daily fix!
    Vet must be too busy getting a tattoo on his bum this time. Assuming, that is, he found an artist brave enough to attempt it!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Vet, need my daily fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Vet must be too busy getting a tattoo on his bum this time. Assuming, that is, he found an artist brave enough to attempt it!
    Both of you need to have patience. Creativity takes time.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Both of you need to have patience. Creativity takes time.
    Okay, we'll wait for the Cal Poly post, but I think I speak for everyone in saying that the tattoo on your backside? ………………… we don't EVER want to see that!

Today is day 15 in the Countdown To Cal Poly and that means we are under 30% from where we started on day 50/51. Or if you prefer 1/2 of a month.

In contemplating the importance of day 15 for some odd reason I decided to consult some numerology charts. Now let me say at the outset I have never been into reading tea leaves, astrology, using Ouija boards or calling Miss Cleo. Come to think of it Miss Cleo died in 2016 and to contact her we would have to have a seance. I have never even tried to pick up girls by asking them what their zodiac sign was (or at least I don't remember trying that line, but parts of the early 1970's were a blur, so who knows). But my personal philosophy in life is I will try anything twice (well, almost anything). So, to get to the point I decided to look up the significance of December 11, 1965, the date I consider to be the start of the modern era of Bison football when Grambling lost the Pecan Bowl and NDSU secured National Championship #1. Suffice it to say that after carefully performing the required calculations (mercifully I will spare you the details) the results were as follows:

"The path of the Warrior is the path of the people born with the Life Path Number 8. These people take each day as a challenge and they live life for this very challenge. They love to test themselves by taking difficult paths in their own lives. Number 8 people live each day with the thrill of overcoming new challenges and exceeding their own expectations. Without this adventure, life becomes boring and meaningless for them. They know that nothing comes without hard work and struggle and they try to live up to the challenge."

Sounds accurate to me. There might be something after all to this whole prognostication business.

**Coach #15 for the Bison was Robert A. Lowe (1942-1945) and the final tally was 3-9-2 (.400 with ties being counted as 1/2 win and 1/2 loss). I need to go take a shower.
    **In the 1970 NFL draft, the Packers took running back Tim Mjos in the 8th round (pick #15, 197th overall).
    **Mike Everson was selected in 1973 as the 2nd player in the 15th round by the (player #366 overall).
    **Brock Jensen holds the record for the most consecutive passes in a game at 15 (2011 against Missouri Southern). Surprise, surprise.
    ** In 2013 the Bison were a perfect 15-0. A year later in 2014, the record was 15-1.

Travis White (5'10 180 pounds) was a speedy receiver and punt returner who wore #15 from 2002-2004 and in 2006. During practice before the 2005 season, he suffered a knee injury and had to sit out the entire year. In his Junior year in 2004, he led the Bison with 57 catches for 776 yards and a 13.6 average. Those catches were good enough to place him at #4 for receptions and #5 in yards for a season. He is also #3 for reception touchdowns (9) and #2 for catches per game (5.18, 11 games). Travis holds the #3 spot in his career for receptions at 163, and #2 in career catches per game at 3.98 (41 games). To round out his receiving record he is #5 for the most receptions in a game (10). As mentioned previously, White also returned punts and he is tied at number #4 (84 yards) for the longest punt return in a game. He is #4 for punt returns in a season (21 for 336 yards) as well as average (16) per return. Those figures were good enough to give him a #1 ranking for his career. Last, he is tied at #2 in punt returns for touchdowns for a season and career (2). It was very disappointing that I could not find any pictures or videos of Travis in action.
    https://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_i...&path=football

Holden Hotchkiss is a Redshirt Freshman who wears #15 and is currently #2 on the depth chart at quarterback. His 2016 commitment data lists him at 6-4, 205 pounds, the 2017 roster has him at 6-3, 191 and the 2018 roster, 6-3, 196. Take your pick. All three say he is him from Lakeland, Florida so I am pretty sure that is correct, where he threw for 3,500 yards and 29 touchdowns. He looks like a pretty good prospect, but what do I know about an athletes potential. I thought Magic Johnson would never make it in the NBA. That is about when I gave up any interest in basketball. But once again, I digress. Here is hoping Holden is a quick study and gets ready in case the unthinkable happens (you know what I am thinking). We did pretty well with an untested quarterback taking over a few years ago, but I don't think we need to press our luck. Here are three pictures, two from Lakeland and one from NDSU. There is also a video of Hotchkiss from his junior year at Lakeland.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3809744...24573b54712718

I am starting to get a good feeling about this season and hopefully, the stars will align and National Championship #15 for the Bison is at the end. I may just have to start reading tea leaves next.

"We're in for one heck of a game, and while I don't usually make predictions, it looks like this one will come down to whoever scores more points."
    Last edited by Vet70; 08-19-2018 at 01:07 PM.
    Paul Fix

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What are the chances of getting a countdown to North Alabama? Not sure what I will do with my spare time once this countdown is over.