Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown To Cal Poly

Default Re: Countdown To Cal Poly

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Not so sure about that. DJ's TD, on a degree of difficulty, was much, much lower. Not to mention, it was the first play after the fake. Langer's screen was literally for all the marbles when it comes down to it. I doubt NDSU wins if he does not pick that up, and that is still the greatest single victory in NDSU history IMHO. That was a straight up, solid P5 FBS bowl winning team and NDSU beat them.
    You’re correct that Lang’s was more difficult. He barely got the first down, whereas DJ was wide open. As far as the K State win being more important than our first D1 championship... tough one. I was personally more impressed with the Iowa win.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Still reading them...I was pleasantly surprised that #5 didn't get into a dissertation on the "Nickel"....enough about that trophy. Keep it up...looking for a spot in Colorado to watch Cal Poly...anyone have an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Still reading them...I was pleasantly surprised that #5 didn't get into a dissertation on the "Nickel"....enough about that trophy. Keep it up...looking for a spot in Colorado to watch Cal Poly...anyone have an idea?
    The Boardroom is the best!!!

https://www.ndsualumni.com/2018/cal-poly-watch-party

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Not so sure about that. DJ's TD, on a degree of difficulty, was much, much lower. Not to mention, it was the first play after the fake. Langer's screen was literally for all the marbles when it comes down to it. I doubt NDSU wins if he does not pick that up, and that is still the greatest single victory in NDSU history IMHO. That was a straight up, solid P5 FBS bowl winning team and NDSU beat them.
    Quoted for truth. We more likely than not would have beaten SHSU even without that play. I am not sure at all we would have won in Manhattan without keeping that last drive going. Iowa was a very important win, but that victory over K-State showed College football how good the Bison were.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Once in a while, I can exercise good judgment. Not too often, but once in a while
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The Boardroom is the best!!!

https://www.ndsualumni.com/2018/cal-poly-watch-party

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    I host the one at The Boardroom. They are now a Team Makers site (see the Team Makers thread in the Bison Commons section). We watch on a big screen, and I have my spare stereo system over there with 5 speakers, so we don't have to listen to the sound from one little TV. Nice big room, too, with the nicest server that can't wait for this to start. Plus you can then get one of my handy little pocket-sized rosters (24 pages with full color pictures of everyone, a 2-page roster in the middle, and a schedule on the front)...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Here are pics. Front and back covers, inside roster, and random inside pages. Working on them now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I forgot you were on the front range...My brother has been to a couple of watch parties...I may try to get him to come down out of the mountains Saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Quoted for truth. We more likely than not would have beaten SHSU even without that play. I am not sure at all we would have won in Manhattan without keeping that last drive going. Iowa was a very important win, but that victory over K-State showed College football how good the Bison were.
    For sure, one play was 1st and 10, the other 3rd and long... who knows what happens in the butterfly effect of not converting either play. However, I seem to remember the McNorton screen being the first and only real offensive display from the Bison that day.

Regarding K state or Iowa, I go both ways. I think most college football fans will remember the Iowa game as more notable simply because of their ranking at the time.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Here are pics. Front and back covers, inside roster, and random inside pages. Working on them now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is SWEET! I gotta get on this for the Louisville party at Big Al's Beeritaville.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.