Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Verbal: Eli Mostaert

Default Re: 2019 Verbal: Eli Mostaert

To the typical football fan who has no NDSU allegiance, our wins against FBS opponents are far more impressive than FCS National Championships. Living in Oklahoma, it's our wins against Minnesota, K-State, Iowa State, and Iowa that are hot topics of Okie-initiated conversation...rather than the 'ships.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    To the typical football fan who has no NDSU allegiance, our wins against FBS opponents are far more impressive than FCS National Championships. Living in Oklahoma, it's our wins against Minnesota, K-State, Iowa State, and Iowa that are hot topics of Okie-initiated conversation...rather than the 'ships.
    THANK U. THATS MY POINT. ban yourselves loosers.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know you are but what am I?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'd guess he misses at least 8 weeks. 6 weeks to heal and 2 weeks or more to rehab. You lose a lot of strength in a leg when it's immobilized.
    Depending on the location and severity of the break, the fib isn't that big a deal. I'm a little worried because it looked like they were applying the air splints near the ankle. That area is more delicate and could lead to a longer recovery time versus a mid-bone break. (This happens to be an area I'm a little more experienced in than most since I don't have either fibula anymore and I have no mobility problems.) If they decide to fix it with surgery, then the longest wait would be for the surgical incision to heal. When they removed mine, I was walking normally the next day without any structural reinforcement at all.

edit: I see that Entz is saying 10 weeks, so I'm guessing they're not doing surgery. I wonder if the break was right at the base of the fibula near the ankle.

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Depending on the location and severity of the break, the fib isn't that big a deal. I'm a little worried because it looked like they were applying the air splints near the ankle. That area is more delicate and could lead to a longer recovery time versus a mid-bone break. (This happens to be an area I'm a little more experienced in than most since I don't have either fibula anymore and I have no mobility problems.) If they decide to fix it with surgery, then the longest wait would be for the surgical incision to heal. When they removed mine, I was walking normally the next day without any structural reinforcement at all.

edit: I see that Entz is saying 10 weeks, so I'm guessing they're not doing surgery. I wonder if the break was right at the base of the fibula near the ankle.
    Yep. If it’s a simple fibula break he could be back in 7-8 weeks. If there was an ankle injury with the fibula break, damaging ligaments and tendons then it could be much longer, surgery or not.
    "The bird is in your hand"

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

DT Eli Mostaert made 2020-21 and 2021 All-MVFC Honorable Mention.

Question: Who was the last NDSU defensive tackle to make a MVFC first or second team?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post

Question: Who was the last NDSU defensive tackle to make a MVFC first or second team?
    Not sure but judging by how badly this team appears to be missing Lane Tucker and Costner Ching maybe one of them should've been last year???

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post

I believe the last defensive tackle to make MVFC 1st or 2nd team was Aaron Steidl (2nd team) in 2017.

https://valley-football.org/news/201...?path=football

Wow! That was a long time ago already.

Dewey

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    I believe the last defensive tackle to make MVFC 1st or 2nd team was Aaron Steidl (2nd team) in 2017.

https://valley-football.org/news/201...?path=football

Wow! That was a long time ago already.

Dewey
    That is correct. Nate Tanguay was honorable mention that year and made 2nd team in 2016.

Leevon Perry made 2nd team in 2012.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot