Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Schulz dead at 64

Default Ed Schulz dead at 64

Ed Schultz dead at 64.*

Best line: "When the locusts come, they eat everything." National Championship Game 1990
    Worst line: (tie) Anything he said about NDSU once he started working for UND.

Really good play-by-play guy.

*Yep, I know that this was posted in an existing thread but thought Ed deserves his own thread.

Default Re: Ed Schulz dead at 64

That's terrible. I didn't always agree with him but that sucks. I remember he did a bit on the Bison on his national tv show after the 2011 season.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Ed Schultz dead at 64.*

Best line: "When the locusts come, they eat everything." National Championship Game 1990
    Worst line: (tie) Anything he said about NDSU once he started working for UND.

Really good play-by-play guy.

*Yep, I know that this was posted in an existing thread but thought Ed deserves his own thread.
    My memory and I think I still have the tape was Eddy being hoisted by a couple of NDSU players into the Pool in Mcallen after a DII championship game

As a sports guy, he was okay IMO, his second career not so much. My favorite line? Supposedly when he was a quarterback at MSUM he was yelling at the ref for not signalling the two-minute warning at the half. The ref, as the story goes, pointed out that there is no such thing in College football. Ed purportedly retorted, "Well, there should be." True or not it sounds like something he would have said.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Love him or hate him, he is and will always be a Fargo/Moorhead legend. How many stories can we compile about big Eddie?

1. He is 1 or the 2 people any of us would think of when we think "Voice of the Bison." Yes, Scottie passed him, but many of us grew up loving Bison football through listening to Eddie.
    2. He had rumors of beating his wife.
    3. He jumped out of a press box once to go after someone who threw a bottle at him.
    4. He shot a dog. And he did have a very good outdoors show.
    5. He was top dog in the TV sports market, when we jumped ship to work with a new media company owned by Ottertail Power is memory serves; becomes the voice of the "knuckleheads." (Yes, Rocky quote, but love it too much.)
    6. Was an extremely successful conservative local commentator until he realized that market was flooded nationally, so he becomes a liberal commentator. He was an early master increasing himself through the politics of division in media.
    7. Succeeds nationally with syndicated radio show, and MSNBC show.
    8. Features the Bison on his national show after the first title. (I actually thought that was pretty classy.)
    9. Gets in trouble with MSNBC after a major league meltdown, and always seemed to be on a short leash after that.
    10. Gets let go by MSNBC.
    11. Goes to work for Putin, who most would agree is a Trump fan. (Can't make this stuff up.....)

What a crazy, crazy life. I hope he found what he was looking for, but he made some serious coin in the day. I'll choose to remember Eddie as I do Scottie Miller, as my window to Bison football. RIP Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Love him or hate him, he is and will always be a Fargo/Moorhead legend. How many stories can we compile about big Eddie?

1. He is 1 or the 2 people any of us would think of when we think "Voice of the Bison." Yes, Scottie passed him, but many of us grew up loving Bison football through listening to Eddie.
    2. He had rumors of beating his wife.
    3. He jumped out of a press box once to go after someone who threw a bottle at him.
    4. He shot a dog. And he did have a very good outdoors show.
    5. He was top dog in the TV sports market, when we jumped ship to work with a new media company owned by Ottertail Power is memory serves; becomes the voice of the "knuckleheads." (Yes, Rocky quote, but love it too much.)
    6. Was an extremely successful conservative local commentator until he realized that market was flooded nationally, so he becomes a liberal commentator. He was an early master increasing himself through the politics of division in media.
    7. Succeeds nationally with syndicated radio show, and MSNBC show.
    8. Features the Bison on his national show after the first title. (I actually thought that was pretty classy.)
    9. Gets in trouble with MSNBC after a major league meltdown, and always seemed to be on a short leash after that.
    10. Gets let go by MSNBC.
    11. Goes to work for Putin, who most would agree is a Trump fan. (Can't make this stuff up.....)

What a crazy, crazy life. I hope he found what he was looking for, but he made some serious coin in the day. I'll choose to remember Eddie as I do Scottie Miller, as my window to Bison football. RIP Eddie.
    When Ed dropped an F bomb on live TV during a Bison broadcast and said he was going to kick someones ass. If that happened in the modern day with social media, he would have been the most infamous person on the planet.

If someone has that highlight, please please post it.

RIP BIG EDDIE

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    As a sports guy, he was okay IMO, his second career not so much. My favorite line? Supposedly when he was a quarterback at MSUM he was yelling at the ref for not signalling the two-minute warning at the half. The ref, as the story goes, pointed out that there is no such thing in College football. Ed purportedly retorted, "Well, there should be." True or not it sounds like something he would have said.
    That is a true story or seemed true as Eddie was the one who was telling the story, I recall him says the ref said "Wrong game son"

His news and views show was so much more entertaining than Joel's.

"Caller you're on news and views this morning, hello"

I wouldn't enjoy a single second around the guy but man news and views was great when hed get the pitchfork crew riled up

Forgot one for my list.

He was nearly named the play-by-play announcer for the Vikings at one point...

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    When Ed dropped an F bomb on live TV during a Bison broadcast and said he was going to kick someones ass. If that happened in the modern day with social media, he would have been the most infamous person on the planet.

If someone has that highlight, please please post it.

RIP BIG EDDIE
    that episode was very costly to the local off sale liquor stores, but we switched to pushing 375ml and 200ml to minatures, but it never
    came close to making up the loss in $$$ Oh well, you could never blame Eddie, it was the person who
    threw it that caused it...
    and yes we knew our store sold the bottle by the price tag attached to it in the photo in the paper.

RIP Eddie