Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any 2018 Verbals Likely Not To Redshirt?

Default Re: Any 2018 Verbals Likely Not To Redshirt?

Can't wait to see how these new Bison develop. Hope they are added to the roster on GoBison soon:
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...uiting-Summary

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Am wondering if a certain Jasir is anywhere as good as his brother. I would guess if he is still near the 200 lb level this fall, he won't get much playing time at least at linebacker.
    Last edited by KC Bison; 07-14-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Am wondering if a certain Jasil is anywhere as good as his brother. I would guess if he is still near the 200 lb level this fall, he won't get much playing time at least at linebacker.
    I'm pretty sure it's Jasir.

Am wondering if a certain Jasil is anywhere as good as his brother. I would guess if he is still near the 200 lb level this fall, he won't get much playing time at least at linebacker.
    Jasir is the same size or heavier than Littlejohn, Beck, Stumpf, and Jordheim were listed at. Not that I'm sure that I want a true freshman playing at OLB more than four games anyway, but NDSU has been pretty successful with that size of OLB (and Kennelly is another one waiting in the wings, for example.)

Just not sure we want 200 lb linebackers anymore.

Just not sure we want 200 lb linebackers anymore.
    If you think that NDSU shouldn't be looking at 200 lb LB's coming out of high school, I think you are going to miss out on a lot of talent. Jordheim was 192 as a freshman, Marlette and Mercadel were 196 as freshmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    If you think that NDSU shouldn't be looking at 200 lb LB's coming out of high school, I think you are going to miss out on a lot of talent. Jordheim was 192 as a freshman, Marlette and Mercadel were 196 as freshmen.
    Now a days you need smaller faster lbs to cover and run side to side. Bring in athletes with a frame to add weight and those guys end up being great.

No where did I say not to recruit kids in the 190 to 200 pound area. I'm just don't believe they will start at that weight. Yes, we want sideline to sideline coverage but people with speed at 210 to 220 pounds so they aren't getting pushed around.

No where did I say not to recruit kids in the 190 to 200 pound area. I'm just don't believe they will start at that weight. Yes, we want sideline to sideline coverage but people with speed at 210 to 220 pounds so they aren't getting pushed around.
    Sorry if I misunderstood. I agree it's doubtful whether or not a true freshman can play right out of high school at 200. I guess I should have looked at the title of the thread a little harder.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think you will see much change. Maybe one or two kids may get some reps simply due to the depth. Maybe a WR or DB. Most likely a Wr would be my guess...looks like at least 3 good ones in this class.

This is a better deal for teams that don't have the depth of NDSU. NDSU has a different problem which is finding the reps for all the guys returning. It's good to have back up players who could start on most other FCS teams.
    Last edited by Scooter1; 07-18-2018 at 03:34 PM.