Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any 2018 Verbals Likely Not To Redshirt?

Default Any 2018 Verbals Likely Not To Redshirt?

We know that true freshman can now play four games without losing their redshirt status. Are there any of the 2018 class that anyone thinks might not redshirt at all like "Legendowski"?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Default Re: Any 2018 Verbals Likely Not To Redshirt?

Looking at the depth chart, late high school injuries, and height and weights required to play, my guess would be no.

But if I had to guess Jayden Price as a free safety. Kids insanely fast and he was also a QB. When I say insanely fast, he ran a 10.71 100 meter. That's a guy who can cover large areas

One of the receivers will have a chance

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Defensive backfield is very crowded for 2018, so anyone playing much there would surprise me. WR, yes there’s a chance there.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Defensive backfield is very crowded for 2018, so anyone playing much there would surprise me. WR, yes there’s a chance there.
    If a freshman were to start, it would almost certainly be at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    If a freshman were to start, it would almost certainly be at WR.
    Sproles

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    It is and it isnt. Grimsley returns but the rest of the players haven't started. Obviously Hendricks, Bachmeier, and Jaxon Brown have been in the system but they haven't started. Tutsie hasn't played in a game yet. And I dont think any of those guys have speed like Price has. The way our safeties are utilized it's tough to distinguish between free and strong safety like the days of Heagle and Dudzik who had different skill sets. I dont think many people saw Grimsley playing as a true freshman either. I think its very unlikelu Price would start but I wouldn't be shocked if he cracks the 2 deep, especially if there is an injury

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

At this point and unless there are some critical injuries, I think the WRs are good enough that they'll all redshirt, but several of them will get four-game try outs.

After watching Destin Talberts highlights, this kid is so fast
    https://bisonation.info/wr-destin-ta...l-2018-verbal/

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    After watching Destin Talberts highlights, this kid is so fast
    https://bisonation.info/wr-destin-ta...l-2018-verbal/
    Laughing my ass off after watching this thinking how can one guy score a TD that many times on basically the same quick slant play. I know he's fast, but when it works that many times you have to jam him!

Surprising given the obsession with tall WRs that Zach Mathis hasn't been mentioned (note: he did get a mention on Bison1660 today.)

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4082317...74db0f1873152d