Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: USA Today NCAA Finances Updated

Default Re: USA Today NCAA Finances Updated

I'm curious how the USPS F'N Hawk logo has affected merch sales at UND...I assume that will have an impact come next year's numbers?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I really hope basketball starts to take off. The potential for revenue is just hanging there to grab.. but we gotta win

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Curious about streaming revenue... I have been watching regular season games up on ESPN3 since they started offering all the games on their platform -- last season (2017) I noticed they were monetizing the crap out of NDSU football games: as in lots of commercials, including businesses local to me showing commercials during my stream. A few years ago, when Bison games were first streamed, there were no ads -- just a screen saying the broadcast was in commercial break.

Meanwhile, when I watch other FCS games up there, I typically get the " broadcast is in commercial break" screen instead of commercials. I have heard that on ESPN3, NDSU games have significantly higher viewership than the majority of games up there -- which given the level of monetization we are seeing now, is probably true.

I remember hearing or reading a few years ago, that NDSU was offering the games for free to ESPN just to get exposure. However, now that they are selling commercials during our games, and with "ESPN plus" I am paying $4.95/mo to have access to FCS games -- is NDSU receiving any revenue from ESPN?

At some point NDSU needs to get their fair share of any revenue ESPN is generating. I don't expect it to be huge, but every little bit helps, right?
    I would think NDSU and other small schools are just happy that ESPN gives them an outlet to be available to watch outside the local area.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I would think NDSU and other small schools are just happy that ESPN gives them an outlet to be available to watch outside the local area.
    As Matt Larson said on the insiders, I'm sure they notice that ESPN3 is dominated by ip addresses from the upper midwest. Also our actual game ratings on ESPN and ESPN2 as well as College Gameday are excellent. How many FCS schools have their own radio station with 10 hours per week of content year round, not counting the actual games and pregame shows. We actually bring something to the table. That's why our games are always the prime time games

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    As Matt Larson said on the insiders, I'm sure they notice that ESPN3 is dominated by ip addresses from the upper midwest. Also our actual game ratings on ESPN and ESPN2 as well as College Gameday are excellent. How many FCS schools have their own radio station with 10 hours per week of content year round, not counting the actual games and pregame shows. We actually bring something to the table. That's why our games are always the prime time games
    Correct... and if you look where the growth was in the P5 revenues... it was in rights/licensing. Streaming revenue potentially could be a huge growth area.

Take a look at this article -- granted it is focused on the big schools, but you can see some potential here. One quote from the article that made me go hmmm was this: "TV markets will not be as big of a factor as overall fan bases." If NDSU can continue to build their brand like they have over the past 8 years, things could get really interesting.

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...ACC--118642101