Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Today NCAA Finances Updated

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: USA Today NCAA Finances Updated

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    He specifically said "at first glance." Reading comprehension?
    Some people comprehend more with a glance than others. While others only ever see what they want to see and ignore the rest. I'm not sure which is the problem with thebigund, perhaps both.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    He specifically said "at first glance." Reading comprehension?
    I'll have to remember that provides excuses for obvious mistakes.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

As far as I can see... We're first in ticket revenues in the FCS level. Montana is very close and beyond that its pretty steep drop.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

also interesting to look at Boise State.

Their ticket sales increased by 50% when they built their club seating back in 08/09... Could really use some more, prime, premium seating options at FFD
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Then he goes on a tangent about hockey. It's not just hockey that's burning them.
    Add hockey to your AD and your subsidy would grow. I’m pointing out how that sport throws everything out of balance. Our AD is far from healthy, other sports need to be supported to reach their revenue potential.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Some people comprehend more with a glance than others. While others only ever see what they want to see and ignore the rest. I'm not sure which is the problem with thebigund, perhaps both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I'll have to remember that provides excuses for obvious mistakes.
    No disagreement there.
    College of Business Alumnus

Looking through the Mountain West teams, NDSU's ticket revenue is more than:

Wyoming
    Nevada
    Colorado State
    UNLV
    Fresno State
    San Jose State
    Air Force
    Utah State

And within $200K of:

New Mexico
    San Diego State
    Hawaii

We did have 3 extra home playoff games last year but I believe most of that revenue went to the NCAA. So it seems that the Fargodome is not the stumbling block that many people claim, since that is presumably the bulk of our ticket revenue.
    That is actually kind of crazy but not shocking

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Add hockey to your AD and your subsidy would grow. I’m pointing out how that sport throws everything out of balance. Our AD is far from healthy, other sports need to be supported to reach their revenue potential.
    Yep, I thought other misconstrued your point, too. You were basically saying how utterly screwed you'd be without hockey and it is 100% true. I find it fascinating that we were as close in revenue as we were; we should not be, honestly.

Looking through the Mountain West teams, NDSU's ticket revenue is more than:

Wyoming
    Nevada
    Colorado State
    UNLV
    Fresno State
    San Jose State
    Air Force
    Utah State

And within $200K of:

New Mexico
    San Diego State
    Hawaii

We did have 3 extra home playoff games last year but I believe most of that revenue went to the NCAA. So it seems that the Fargodome is not the stumbling block that many people claim, since that is presumably the bulk of our ticket revenue.
    Then why is the move up to FBS so dependent on a new stadium?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yep, I thought other misconstrued your point, too. You were basically saying how utterly screwed you'd be without hockey and it is 100% true. I find it fascinating that we were as close in revenue as we were; we should not be, honestly.
    With our current structure, yes, screwed without hockey. Ideally, for me, we would get the other portions of our AD to basically be independent from hockey. That would mean all other sports have the support they need to succeed. Really we can’t compare our AD to peers because we have none. The area FCS schools don’t have hockey and the area hockey schools aren’t FCS.