Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Verbal: Javier Derritt

Default Re: 2019 Verbal: Javier Derritt

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I tend to agree with AK on this one. The only reason FSU didn’t get in was because their QB was injured. I’d argue the committee screwed that up anyway, but none of this will matter next year. Also I think there was a recent court decision about the PAC that will preserve its viability as a power conference, but someone will have to help me with the details there…
    I don’t make the rules bro I just get the fuckin memos. They out.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Offered by Cal.
    Javier Derritt’s next offers are usual suspect Colorado State and New Mexico State (who has had a flood of players into the Portal since Jerry Kill announced he was stepping down……maybe they would have left anyways who knows)

Next up are offers from Minnesota, Southern Cal and Kansas (Jayhawks especially good if he wants to play near home)

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Next up are offers from Minnesota, Southern Cal and Kansas (Jayhawks especially good if he wants to play near home)
    Had to hurt for Minnesota to admit an NDSU player was good enough to play for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 12-30-2023 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    USC, wonder how much entz had to do with that one

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hmmmm. He was an ok player. Crazy he’s getting these type of offers. Was he ever all conference?

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Hmmmm. He was an ok player. Crazy he’s getting these type of offers. Was he ever all conference?

I'd say someone at those schools is smoking the good stuff...

YEAR TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF INT
    2021 3 0 3 0 0 0 0
    2022 24 12 12 0 3.5 0 0
    2023 31 9 22 0 2.5 0 0

Lightbulb Re: 2019 Verbal: Javier Derritt

Javier will get good offers because he's a good player, a good character guy and a safe choice just based on academics. It's a trifecta. That's huge. He's durable too. Many better athletes in the portal but some cant pass classes or stay out of trouble. Javier is a 6th year grown ass man

Some are walk on offers but once 1 Big Ten team offers a walk on, others often follow suit with a scholarship since they recruit the same players. Sometimes it's a calculated defensive move to make sure a competitor isnt getting a player as a walkon and want them to burn a full ride scholarship. On a local level, SDSU didnt offer Peter Haugo because they thought they had a chance to flip him. They offered to ensure we didnt get a deal and had to burn a full ride. There is a scholarship cap for a reason and it's a smart move when we are both offering a player in the future and only have few scholarships left
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-01-2024 at 12:54 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

P5 schools are desperate for players due to transfer portal. Average to below average guys will be getting offers now to fill holes.

Javier is average to below average, but he will end up at a P5 school.
    Just a sign of the times.

Some of these schools he'll get stuck in the depth chart