Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Verbal: Javier Derritt

Default 2019 Verbal: Javier Derritt

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    For a DT, those numbers are pretty darn good. I look at that position like as if it is a dam against the run up the middle.
    Has anyone ever accused Lakes of having a great football mind? Anyone?!?!

It reminds me of when the Vikes had Culpepper. Pre-game guys would tout the opposing QB of being a field-general, great football IQ, and then .... umm Culpepper is a ... umm ... great athlete, etc. No one ever accused Culpepper of being smart.

Get what I mean??? Think Jose Mohler if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: 2019 Verbal: Javier Derritt

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Has anyone ever accused Lakes of having a great football mind? Anyone?!?!

It reminds me of when the Vikes had Culpepper. Pre-game guys would tout the opposing QB of being a field-general, great football IQ, and then .... umm Culpepper is a ... umm ... great athlete, etc. No one ever accused Culpepper of being smart.

Get what I mean??? Think Jose Mohler if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it wasn't for Sammy, Jose might have a better reputation on this board.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I agree with an earlier post in regard to the Bison getting that big inside anchor, we are amazingly lean and fast but you can never underestimate the value of a space eater. as quick as the Bison are at the linebacker and safety positions its makes for easy pick'n when the D-line eats space. Yep, Levon Perry a great example.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Not too impressive for 12 games sigh...
    I’m sure he’ll be crushed to learn a football expert of your regard is disappointed in him.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I agree with an earlier post in regard to the Bison getting that big inside anchor, we are amazingly lean and fast but you can never underestimate the value of a space eater. as quick as the Bison are at the linebacker and safety positions its makes for easy pick'n when the D-line eats space. Yep, Levon Perry a great example.
    That assole was so big, when he walked the sidewalk was blocked. My classes were in Living Center. I had to walk from Union to LLC andwhen that big 69 walked in front of you thats it no getting around him. You either got stuck in snow trying to walk around him or late for classes because there was traffic behind him.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    That assole was so big, when he walked the sidewalk was blocked. My classes were in Living Center. I had to walk from Union to LLC andwhen that big 69 walked in front of you thats it no getting around him. You either got stuck in snow trying to walk around him or late for classes because there was traffic behind him.
    Loved Levon! And as good as he was, Drevlow was even better. Best one-two punch in the DL interior the Bison have ever had, IMO, in their history.

I love that one segment of video where this kid is the only one rushing the passer and he still gets up and knocks down the pass.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    St Thomas Aquinas defeats Wichita NW in Kansas 5A state title game.
    Javier Derritt with 4 solo tackles, 8 assists in the victory.

Derritt is one of 7 finalists for 5A Defensive Player of the Year.
    On the season he had 29 solo tackles, 36 assists, 3 sacks, 34 QB hurries, 11 TFL and 4 pass breakups.
    Javier Derritt named Kansas 5A Defensive Player of the Year:

http://kansas-sports.com/ks/news/?id...sas-poy-honors

Javier Derritt, Aquinas, Sr., DL

The 6-3, 270-pound Derritt finished with 47 tackles and 11 for loss as Aquinas captured its first state championship in school history. He delivered eight tackles in the 49-28 state title win versus Wichita Northwest and a season-high nine in a signature 41-21 victory versus Bishop Miege on Oct. 12. Aquinas permitted just 14.5 points per contest in a 12-0 season, second-best in the classification. He was perhaps the most dominating interior defensive lineman in all classes of Kansas in 2018 and completely changed anytimes rushing attack, just ask Wichita Northwest.

Maize allowed one fewer point in a 10-2 squad. Last year, Aquinas went 11-2, was the 5A runner-up to Carroll and allowed 18.8 points per game. Derritt has committed to FCS powerhouse and multi-time national champion North Dakota State.

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

St Thomas Aquinas defensive lineman Javier Derritt commits to Kansas
    Shrine Bowl Game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportsink...82653286768640

Oh, and yesterday he retweeted one of Coach Matthew Entz’ tweets......