Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Verbal: Javier Derritt

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Verbal: Javier Derritt

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    You mean like Courtney Eubanks? He was a backup at Coastal. These schools arent offering just starters.
    And Courtney flashes more while here.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Apparently all these schools are looking at something different than bisonville. Fucken classic

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    USC offering him is a total head scratcher for me and it sounds like everyone else as well. He has one year left and there’s no way he’s starting at USC. Why not use the scholly on someone with time left to develop? USC should be able to get a younger, better player no problem.

If Javi is playing meaningful minutes for USC then they are going to have a tough time next fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Weird. Maybe you should be asking for a job with these programs. You could consult on who they should be offering.
    "I went to some of his games and watched him some on wday"

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    What about Javier screams P5 DT? I’ll tell you what doesn’t; his career stats at NDSU and the FCS level.

He played 56 games and recorded 34 solo tackles, 56 assisted for a total of 90 for his CAREER!!!
    He’s 6’2” 280lbs and to my apparent limited knowledge, I don’t believe he was listed as a starter for NDSU. I could be wrong on that one but the fact that I have to question whether he was a starter is also telling. I’m no football genius but I do understand the game. I love the guy but don’t see him as more than a roster spot but there is always a chance that I’m wrong.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    What about Javier screams P5 DT? I’ll tell you what doesn’t; his career stats at NDSU and the FCS level.

He played 56 games and recorded 34 solo tackles, 56 assisted for a total of 90 for his CAREER!!!
    He’s 6’2” 280lbs and to my apparent limited knowledge, I don’t believe he was listed as a starter for NDSU. I could be wrong on that one but the fact that I have to question whether he was a starter is also telling. I’m no football genius but I do understand the game. I love the guy but don’t see him as more than a roster spot but there is always a chance that I’m wrong.
    How dare you use facts to go against what a P5 school thinks!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    How dare you use facts to go against what a P5 school thinks!
    Haha that’s basically what it is. I’m glad he’s got the P5 offers. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post

He started every game last year (except for the one he missed) and this year so 29 starts. I don't think you're necessarily wrong but it's not the DT's job to make tackles - they're more valuable if they're not getting pushed off the ball on run plays and eating up o-line blocks so the LBs can make plays. I don't know if the lackluster LB play over the last couple years is because the DTs didn't do a good enough job of that or if the LBs just weren't good enough but it was probably a combo of the two.

Still I'd agree that I don't see him being a much of a difference maker at the P2/3/4 level (or FBS level for that matter). Still, I hope he does well. He gave 5 years to NDSU football and graduated (with honors I believe) so he'll always be a Bison in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He started every game last year (except for the one he missed) and this year so 29 starts. I don't think you're necessarily wrong but it's not the DT's job to make tackles - they're more valuable if they're not getting pushed off the ball on run plays and eating up o-line blocks so the LBs can make plays. I don't know if the lackluster LB play over the last couple years is because the DTs didn't do a good enough job of that or if the LBs just weren't good enough but it was probably a combo of the two.

Still I'd agree that I don't see him being a much of a difference maker at the P2/3/4 level (or FBS level for that matter). Still, I hope he does well. He gave 5 years to NDSU football and graduated (with honors I believe) so he'll always be a Bison in my book.
    I think that’s what everyone on here is saying except a UN_ fan…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Maybe he's just going to translate for Marlboro Matt so the other players can understand what he's screaming.

Lardsin must go!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Maybe he's just going to translate for Marlboro Matt so the other players can understand what he's screaming.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

I’m surprised he started that many! Was definitely not the Jabril Cox of the DT room. Good luck to him.