Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts

Default Re: Thoughts

Oh I love our helmet in its current form. I'd argue one of the best looking in all of college sports.

But if you are going to do a throwback you gotta get it right. No mix and match from different years. That's why I used the logo I did, didn't have NDSU or Bison on the front of the jersey because as far as I can tell it just contained the numbers and left the belt yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Oh I love our helmet in its current form. I'd argue one of the best looking in all of college sports.

But if you are going to do a throwback you gotta get it right. No mix and match from different years. That's why I used the logo I did, didn't have NDSU or Bison on the front of the jersey because as far as I can tell it just contained the numbers and left the belt yellow.
    Last time we wore that jersey, didn't we use the "lighting bolt" Bison log? Sorry couldn't resist bringing back the outrage when we got rid of the lighting bold

for you young bison fans, read here
    http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/d...def000040.html

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

What is a good resource for looking up photos for specific years? I would love to see a cataloging of uniforms. Everything I find is either missing info or contradicting info or photos that I can't figure out the date on.

What is a good resource for looking up photos for specific years? I would love to see a cataloging of uniforms. Everything I find is either missing info or contradicting info or photos that I can't figure out the date on.
    Ndsu doesnt even have photo galleries older than 2012. Its really quite pathetic. They were erased from the jedi archives.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Ndsu doesnt even have photo galleries older than 2012. Its really quite pathetic. They were erased from the jedi archives.
    I don't know whose Flickr account this is (I'm guessing NDSU's), but it should help: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ndsu-u...7627860423491/

Interesting uniforms over the years. The biggest thing I didn't realize was that Snorty didn't appear on a Bison helmet until 1978, which means the new logo(s) have been on the helmet just as long (about 20 years a piece).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I don't know whose Flickr account this is (I'm guessing NDSU's), but it should help: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ndsu-u...7627860423491/

Interesting uniforms over the years. The biggest thing I didn't realize was that Snorty didn't appear on a Bison helmet until 1978, which means the new logo(s) have been on the helmet just as long (about 20 years a piece).
    Thank you for the link! It's weird. You'd think that there would be an archive of game programs or team photos by year. I'm sure there is a physical archive but the internet has spoiled me and I want a searchable database dag nab-it .

Also cool tidbit regarding Snorty (although the current helmet logo sans lightning bolt has only been used for 6 years I believe. I know I know they are very similar logos but I'm a sports logo/uniform nerd and consider it a new logo)

Last time we wore that jersey, didn't we use the "lighting bolt" Bison log? Sorry couldn't resist bringing back the outrage when we got rid of the lighting bold

for you young bison fans, read here
    http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/d...def000040.html
    Per the link Christopher provided the answer would be nope. As best as I can tell NDSU wore that jersey with Snorty on the helmet from 78 to 97. In 98 they wore a solid green jersey at home that had no stripes and simply Snorty on the sleeve. 1999 they removed the logo from the sleeve and updated to the "lightning bolt" Bison logo on the helmet you are referring to.

I guess that kind of echoes my reasoning for the uniform I chose as the "throw back". For nearly 20 years it was NDSU's consistant and timeless look. As far as I can tell that is the longest run for a jersey helmet combo for NDSU.

Per the link Christopher provided the answer would be nope. As best as I can tell NDSU wore that jersey with Snorty on the helmet from 78 to 97. In 98 they wore a solid green jersey at home that had no stripes and simply Snorty on the sleeve. 1999 they removed the logo from the sleeve and updated to the "lightning bolt" Bison logo on the helmet you are referring to.

I guess that kind of echoes my reasoning for the uniform I chose as the "throw back". For nearly 20 years it was NDSU's consistant and timeless look. As far as I can tell that is the longest run for a jersey helmet combo for NDSU.
    So 19 years snorty + 1 year on sleeve

20 years current logo. I consider the current logo the same as the lightning bolt. I've actually liked the updated as much as the old one.

The old Jersey with the sleeve stripes and classic leg stripes looks too much like Green Bay IMO.

So 19 years snorty + 1 year on sleeve

20 years current logo. I consider the current logo the same as the lightning bolt. I've actually liked the updated as much as the old one.

The old Jersey with the sleeve stripes and classic leg stripes looks too much like Green Bay IMO.
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Christopher has already pointed out that we have had the current logo(s) as long as we've used Snorty. I have also said I really like our current helmet and if by saying it is one of the best in the country didn't imply that I like it more than the Snorty helmet on a permanent basis let me clearly state, our current helmet is the best helmet we have had.

My point is since 98 the uniform has been such a mixed bag of looks that the only real option for a throw back are the top to bottom unis used from 78 to 97.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Christopher has already pointed out that we have had the current logo(s) as long as we've used Snorty. I have also said I really like our current helmet and if by saying it is one of the best in the country didn't imply that I like it more than the Snorty helmet on a permanent basis let me clearly state, our current helmet is the best helmet we have had.

My point is since 98 the uniform has been such a mixed bag of looks that the only real option for a throw back are the top to bottom unis used from 78 to 97.
    I tend to agree. Like I originally said I wasnt a big fan of the older jerseys but if we had to pick, that would be the best. But I would rather see an alternate. Just my opinion.