Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Bama and Penn State have right. Keep it traditional. They have no trouble recruiting.
    Yep, for me college football is about tradition. If I switch on a game and I'm not sure who is who...they screwed it up!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    These are still my favorites.Attachment 8404

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I actually like these the most also. Maybe an updated version would be great.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

You can't even tell what school it is by the jersey. The name is so small on the front it's not even worth having on there. The jerseys they have now are great for three reasons. 1. It's updated and fresh. 2. BRANDING. You can clearly identify the team playing. 3. They're for the guys playing. It doesn't matter to you, but it matters to the recruits. I'm fairly certain I saw Phoenix Sproles on Twitter the other day asking for a new look. The new white jerseys are phenomenal. Really want to see this white helmet Burgundy is raving about.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    These are still my favorites.Attachment 8404

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I love all 3 jerseys.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Bama and Penn State have right. Keep it traditional. They have no trouble recruiting.
    This. I wasn't a fan of the harvest helmets either. They are being over used. Same will happen with new jerseys. Those anthracite bb jerseys are gawd awful.

I like having the 3 white, gold, and green jerseys. I like the gold helmets better than the harvest but maybe its because we seem to wear the green too much and its starting to feel like a primary helmet. The novelty is wearing off.

I'm not opposed to having a 4th jersey or 3rd helmet to wear like once per year. I think white, anthracite, or chrome could be ok. Just dont mess with the logo on the helmet which is kind of our identity. The gold helmet is so cool looking it ended up on Scott Van Pelts desk. It's when teams try to be cute, it ends up looking like a USFL team.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Personally, I don't like to see teams of any sport that are traditionally successful and of championship caliber change their uniforms. Yes, the look gets boring, but the same look tells fans of the sport that they sell because they win.

Too many teams are constantly changing uniforms for one main reason - sales. Teams like the Yankees (man, I hate them) still sell jerseys without the need for change because they have a huge fanbase due to winning. If they didn't win as often, they're fanbase would be that of the Mets.

In regards to the Bison, I personally don't care what their uniforms look like because it's not their "look" that drew me to be a fan, nor to attend the school. It was the tradition of being great.
    Hail the BISON!!!

There hasnt been a shred of "tradition" or creativity in our jerseys in decades. We've had way too many looks to try to now be penn state or alabama. And all white or all anthrocite or whatever is incredibly lazy. The harvest helmets are well designed and incredibly creative. Nothing wrong with thoughtful well balanced design. It can be revolutionary or timeless just put some damn effort into it - sincerely an NDSU art major

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ps the rest of the MVFC sucks donkey balls when it comes to unis as well. ESPECIALLY UNI. Fuck that train wreck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The national championship look with the Harvest Helmet/White Jersey/Green Pants is my all time favorite combo.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯