Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Thoughts

You can still have all of the tradition in the world by changing the style of uniforms. Forget about the grays and blacks and all whites and any other look that doesn't scream NDSU FOOTBALL and just update the look of the uniform itself. Change the font and numbers is very simple. There are many different styles of Nike football uniforms that would look killer. A lot of the big FBS teams have very plain uniforms but they look very clean and sharp.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

9689107-ncaa-football-ul-lafayette-georgia.jpgI like the way this one looks. Something of this style at least.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    You can still have all of the tradition in the world by changing the style of uniforms. Forget about the grays and blacks and all whites and any other look that doesn't scream NDSU FOOTBALL and just update the look of the uniform itself. Change the font and numbers is very simple. There are many different styles of Nike football uniforms that would look killer. A lot of the big FBS teams have very plain uniforms but they look very clean and sharp.
    The font and numbers aren't going anywhere. They had them custom made just for NDSU to use in like 2013/14. It's not something you just willy nilly change. It's an athletic department-wide change.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I'm not going to argue at all and make a fuss but if that was custom made then they didn't try very hard. Looks like some 4th graders using a stencil to practice numbers and letters. Just my opinion and I do realize that my opinion isn't going to change anything.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree. Uniforms can be part of the tradition, but they are not the tradition. There are a number of schools with long tradition that have specials done every year or every other year for a big rivalry game. IMHO...love the Garnet over Gold Home unis for Florida State. And they have changed the content, not the colors a number of times.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One word: Blaze Orange.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    The font and numbers aren't going anywhere. They had them custom made just for NDSU to use in like 2013/14. It's not something you just willy nilly change. It's an athletic department-wide change.
    I agree the font is here to stay. I don't know what it cost, but I doubt it was cheap. Otherwise every school would have their own customize font.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Time to bring back the SHSU diaper pants.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    One word: Blaze Orange.
    For the deer opener? Now you're cooking with gasoline! Brilliant!

As for the font. I guess I disagree that it is childish. The font is sold and straight forward and slightly italicized giving it a little more character. I could agree that the numbers aren't as good due to the lack of serifs in comparison to the letters in the font. But overall it is a nice unique font, IMO.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I liked the previous jerseys best too but not the pants. Didn't like the current ones at first but they looked better after more titles and then Carson cemented their status. Should go back to a traditional font on the back of the helmet. Italicized vertical writing looks stupid. Get rid of Beauty and the Beast on the pants too.