Even though this team returns quite a bit from last year there's still opportunity for breakout performances on either side of the ball. Last year Jabril Cox was clearly at the head of the pack for breakout performances defensively and offensively Ty Brooks, despite being limited by injury, came into his own as a home run hitting RB. Who's your pick this year and why?

My pick defensively would be S Michael Tutsie. He played very well in spring ball and recently Klieman called him out specifically saying he would've played in the playoffs last year if they had the "get 4 games free" redshirt rule last then that's in place now. There will be snaps to be had opposite Robbie Grimsley albeit with plenty of competition with guys like James Hendricks, Jaxon Brown, and Jaylaan Wimbush but I get the feeling one of those aforementioned guys will be the nickel DB as a CB/FS hybrid a la Bryan Shepherd so there will be even more snaps to go around between them.

Offensively I'll go with WR Christian Watson. This pick is mostly predicated on where there's the most opportunity. I was really disappointed that he got hurt in the spring since I've heard he has all the tools to be a great WR at this level. Someone is going to have to get targets out wide since Shep will probably move into the slot quite a bit during obvious passing situations. Watson still seems to be the most likely candidate to me to be that guy.