With Junior duals going on now and Fargo nationals not too far around the corner, seems like a good time to look ahead to next year's recruits.

To my knowledge, the only commit for next year is Reed Williams out of Wisconsin. He took 3rd in the big school division in Wisconsin and projects around 174.

To start a wish list, there are two obvious names in state, in Ryan Ripplinger of Bismarck and Kyle Burwick of Hettinger. These guys are rock solid and continue to do well when they get a chance against strong national competition. They both won state at 126, and NDSU is deep down low, but I'm hoping they're high priorities. Their timelines would fit seamlessly (after a redshirt) with Bianchi and Sykora graduating in 2 years.

In MN, the well isn't particularly deep next year outside the best recruit in the country (for the 3rd time in the last 4 years). Guys I think could have some success at the D1 level are Jake Svihel, Cade King, Cael Carlson, & Zach Glazier. Glazier and King are my favorites of the bunch. Glazier projects at 174/184 and King at 184/197.

Looking outside MN and ND, I think the biggest name that NDSU might be in play for is Jace Luchau out of CA (projects at 165) and ranked #11 by Flo at 160. Another to watch is Joey Bianchi (Paul's brother) from Wisconsin. He hasn't had the HS success Paul had, but he's been pretty solid in his own right. Outside of them, I have no clue who NDSU could be after.

This class could potentially have big shoes to fill. After this class redshirts, NCAA qualifiers Paul Bianchi (125), Cam Sykora (133), Andrew Fogarty (165), and Lorenzo de La Riva (at CSUB) all graduate. Starters Cordell Eaton (197) and Nico Colunga will be graduating too. IMO, 197 is the biggest need in this class unless Noah Cressell really bulks up and improves as he comes to NDSU this year.