Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the potential weaknesses of the 2018 team?

Default Re: What are the potential weaknesses of the 2018 team?

Replacing Tre Dempsey at safety, it can't be overstated how important he was to the secondary and his leadership back there.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Section 21...
    Correct. !!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

All sections but 21 suck. In general Bison fans are spoiled rotten.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And the winners are....special teams and clock management. Let's hope these were high on Klieman's list of to-do's.

Linebacker - middle linebacker and overall experience. Jabril is the man. Jordheim is set for a stud season. Mercadel I think has some big time upside. The middle I'm concerned about with Marlette coming off a knee injury. He could be slowed for the first month or so. Dont know enough about Beau Pauley and Hankey. Really hope Jack Begley has made some strides because physically hes a heck of an athlete and probably has the best athletic ability in coverage like DeLuca did. I wonder if Jabril could do the Carlton Littlejohn thing and slide to the middle on nickel downs and took Grant Olson out since he wasnt great in coverage?

Backup QB. That scares me every year.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

com·pla·cen·cy
    kəmˈplāsənsē

noun
    a feeling of smug or uncritical satisfaction with oneself or one's achievements.

synonyms: smugness, self-satisfaction, self-congratulation, self-regard

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Middle of the defense. When NDSU lost to JMU in the semis in 2016 one of the reasons given for the loss was that Tanquay, DeLuca, and Dempsey were all injured and not on the field. They’ve all graduated. That’s a hell of a lot of talent and experience to replace.

Special teams, already mentioned a lot... but specifically, punt returns (can we get more yardage and fewer fair catches) and punting ball placement (where our kicks go on the field). These seem like opportunities in that they weren't strengths for us last year. Anyone emerge during spring sessions in either of those areas?

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Not to intrude on the love fest over on the season prediction thread, but now that most everyone thinks we are going to win almost everything I am getting nervous (but not quite in football season form). Where do people think we are potentially vulnerable or weak?
    Heavy/tired fingers. Too many rings.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Middle of the defense. When NDSU lost to JMU in the semis in 2016 one of the reasons given for the loss was that Tanquay, DeLuca, and Dempsey were all injured and not on the field. They’ve all graduated. That’s a hell of a lot of talent and experience to replace.
    Fyi Dempsey played in that game. Can't remember if he was playing with a bad injury.