Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the potential weaknesses of the 2018 team?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What are the potential weaknesses of the 2018 team?

RJ had just as much talent as those 2 from SDSU. What most are foolishly leaving out is the height difference. 5'11' is worlds apart from 6'4" and 6'5"...If RJ is even 6'3", we're talking a whole different future for RJ, then add the SDSU offense to boot...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not disregarding the talents Goedert and Weineke. They're extremely talented and played in a system that relied on their skills. Had either of those two played at NDSU, their numbers wouldn't be any different than numbers our WRs and TEs get. I also don't know if Goedert would have made the team if rumors about his work ethic is true.

We get extremely talented WRs and TEs, but since they don't put up crazy numbers due to our system, some here tend to disregard their actual skills.

Recognizing the difference of how player stats are determined by such variables of offensive systems and skill sets is far from insanity. I challenge those who disregard R.J.'s actual WR abilities, to go back and rewatch the games he played in. Dude made a lot of crazy grabs, fooled many DBs with his route running ability and was great at downfield blocking.
    Oh please. Unlike Vraa and RJ, nfl talent wouldn't see their numbers dip or plateau off the more they played at a school.

Easton and carson would be filling their stats just like christon does because they're that unstoppable.

Goedert makes the team. Don't be a moron.

Rj did make some sick grabs so I'm not going to go back and look. But he's also not a true number 1 wr especially with the nfl talent at QB he's had throwing at him his entire career.

If this insane route running and out of this world speed actually did him favors, you wouldn't be making these excuses on why hes been the second leading reciever here for 2 for the majority of his career.

I hate painting RJ against the wall like this, but reality is reality. Maybe one day it'll hit you upside your thick head because you honestly think every ndsu player is the best at what they do

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Oh please. Unlike Vraa and RJ, nfl talent wouldn't see their numbers dip or plateau off the more they played at a school.

Easton and carson would be filling their stats just like christon does because they're that unstoppable.

Rj did make some sick grabs so I'm not going to go back and look. But he's also not a true number 1 wr especially with the nfl talent at QB he's had throwing at him his entire career.

If this insane route running and out of this world speed actually did him favors, you wouldn't be making these excuses on why hes been the second leading reciever here for 2 for the majority of his career.

I hate painting RJ against the wall like this, but reality is reality. Maybe one day it'll hit you upside your thick head because you honestly think every ndsu player is the best at what they do
    Dallas wanted to be a Bison. He had issues. NDSU didn't want to gamble on those issues. They didn't offer him. He got motivated and paid NDSU back. He also saved himself for the NFL. More power to him.

You do realize Carson Wentz sat on the bench behind Brock Jensen who didn't make it in the NFL right?

Some of these other FCS schools take a gamble on some of these kids and NDSU just doesn't do it. It seems to work out.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Dallas wanted to be a Bison. He had issues. NDSU didn't want to gamble on those issues. They didn't offer him. He got motivated and paid NDSU back. He also saved himself for the NFL. More power to him.

You do realize Carson Wentz sat on the bench behind Brock Jensen who didn't make it in the NFL right?

Some of these other FCS schools take a gamble on some of these kids and NDSU just doesn't do it. It seems to work out.
    ok so we admit that NDSU not offering Goedert ended up being a mistake because he torched NDSU in some games and SDSU probably doesnt win any of the last 2 marker games had NDSU offered and landed Goedert.

the only reason Wentz didnt play was because you werent pulling one of the winningest QBs in college football history for a guy we all knew was going to be better, so whats your worthless point that youre trying to make? I agree with Moen that Wentz did have the tendency to distribute more to different players...but not seeing any improvement in his JR/Senior years playing with Stick who he was HS teammates with was kind of a let down for me when it came to RJ.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

You seriously think NDSU’s offensive scheme allows for a #1 WR, especially with how many passes don’t even target a WR to begin with? Heck, with all the run plays they use, I’m not sure if they actually have a true #1 RB.

R.J.’s lack of numbers had nothing to due with his skill set. It has to do with the system. Feel free to take that discussion with our OCs the from the past few seasons. Perhaps, they’ll bring up “running the damn ball” being highly demanded by our fan base.

Also, with the crowd you run with, you shouldn’t be claiming anyone of having a thick head.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The rabble-rouser from the North did a good job this time.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Maybe SDSU should go mountain West.

Lardsin must go!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We missed on Dallas... it's okay to admit that. He walked on at SDSU (IIRC), it's not like we were the only ones that didn't see his potential.

RJ was an excellent receiver and he did great things for us, Weineke is still better. Can't teach height.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Maybe SDSU should go mountain West.
    I haven't heard that rumor for a while that the entire Big Fluffy was going FBS.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You seriously think NDSU’s offensive scheme allows for a #1 WR, especially with how many passes don’t even target a WR to begin with? Heck, with all the run plays they use, I’m not sure if they actually have a true #1 RB.

R.J.’s lack of numbers had nothing to due with his skill set. It has to do with the system. Feel free to take that discussion with our OCs the from the past few seasons. Perhaps, they’ll bring up “running the damn ball” being highly demanded by our fan base.

Also, with the crowd you run with, you shouldn’t be claiming anyone of having a thick head.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Im the one that started this whole debate about the scheme not being WR friendly to begin with. Its still weird to me that RJ had a roller coaster of a career at NDSU, stats wise, as conventional wisdom shows that if college stats should get better the older you get. I dont feel like going back and looking at every pass play from to see if RJ separates from his defender or not because I dont care that much.

Just out of curiosity since I have a good idea what youll say...Do you think NDSU beats SDSU the last 2 times if RJ is subbed for Weineke?