Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the potential weaknesses of the 2018 team?

Default Re: What are the potential weaknesses of the 2018 team?

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I don't know if this has been brought up but QB depth. We have Easton but after that the experience is none. Until we see how the #2 QB does I have to think that worries the coaching staff to some extent.
    With the changes in rules to allow 4 games played without losing a redshirt, I think we will see Hotchkiss, Sanders and Lance on the field. Their order will be determined in fall camp but it should be fun to watch them compete for the backup spot.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I don't know if this has been brought up but QB depth. We have Easton but after that the experience is none. Until we see how the #2 QB does I have to think that worries the coaching staff to some extent.
    Frankly, with a healthy QB, we should never know what we have for QB depth. Think about it. Brock couldn't win the job outright as a freshman and split time their (also due to injuries). Won the job his sophomore year and the rest is history. Sure, Wentz was behind him, but until he played a full game, nobody really knew what we'd have there. Just high hopes. Next in line was Stick. High praise coming to NDSU and as he sat behind Wentz, but until he started halfway through Wentz's senior year, nobody knew what we had. It's all a crap shoot with any player until they're playing under the lights. I'm not worried. Hendricks is there and knows everything about both sides of the ball. Then two guys who've had a full year learning the system and entering their 2nd fall camp. Then you have a solid guy coming in this summer in Trey.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey Lance ahould be a clear number 2.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    May I ask why that is your position? Maybe Hotchkiss or Sanders are better....I mean how do you know. Lance hasn't even put on a uniform yet....not saying he can't be better, but to say he's a clear number 2?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    May I ask why that is your position? Maybe Hotchkiss or Sanders are better....I mean how do you know. Lance hasn't even put on a uniform yet....not saying he can't be better, but to say he's a clear number 2?
    Given the new four-game rule I would be surprised if he didn't get some time if there is a blowout. I would think that to completely burn his redshirt would take some extraordinary circumstances.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I expect there is a reason they were number 4 and 5 on our depth chart. Lance is the best physical prospect of the QBs who haven’t started yet. That, combined with his obvious dedication to the program (turned down in-state Minnesota) makes me think he will shine as a talented passer.

Just my opinion. Worth exactly what you paid for it.

Believe me, if I could evaluate QB’s at an elite level, do you think I’d be posting about it on an online forum? Heck no. I’d be scouting prospects for Alabama.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I expect there is a reason they were number 4 and 5 on our depth chart. Lance is the best physical prospect of the QBs who haven’t started yet. That, combined with his obvious dedication to the program (turned down in-state Minnesota) makes me think he will shine as a talented passer.

Just my opinion. Worth exactly what you paid for it.

Believe me, if I could evaluate QB’s at an elite level, do you think I’d be posting about it on an online forum? Heck no. I’d be scouting prospects for Alabama.
    Fair enough....thanks for the reply.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Given the new four-game rule I would be surprised if he didn't get some time if there is a blowout. I would think that to completely burn his redshirt would take some extraordinary circumstances.
    In regards to the new four-game rule, I'm not sure that will be used during the season in blow-out games, but maybe later in the year (play-offs) when veteran bodies are hurting and the true freshman know the system better.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    In regards to the new four-game rule, I'm not sure that will be used during the season in blow-out games, but maybe later in the year (play-offs) when veteran bodies are hurting and the true freshman know the system better.
    That is a distinct possibility. It will be interesting to see how things develop. I suspect it will depend on the position and player.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

There's no part of the 2018 Bison team that should be considered a weakness. We have studs in all positions with great backups. APATHY would be the greatest fear I have and I think there's little chance of that.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN