Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the potential weaknesses of the 2018 team?

Default Re: What are the potential weaknesses of the 2018 team?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    See semifinal loss to JMU, where they stacked the box and dared NDSU to beat them over the top.
    It was interesting to read how they did that with adjustments and forcing the reads.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    That’s because you know a little something about football. Being able to take the top off is always a valuable asset regardless of style of play.
    Too bad we didn't learn that lesson in the title game against JMU.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    It was interesting to read how they did that with adjustments and forcing the reads.
    You know, you bring up a really good point...one that I hadn't actually considered to be honest. I think as Bison fans, we are so spoiled that when we see a stinkin' good football team take it to the herd we instantly think it had to be something the Bison did wrong. But man, that is a goooooood football team that JMU has had for the last couple of years. They punched us in the mouth, took away our strengths and exploited our weaknesses. Reminds me of a team that I see do that to about 13 or 14 opponents every year.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    You know, you bring up a really good point...one that I hadn't actually considered to be honest. I think as Bison fans, we are so spoiled that when we see a stinkin' good football team take it to the herd we instantly think it had to be something the Bison did wrong. But man, that is a goooooood football team that JMU has had for the last couple of years. They punched us in the mouth, took away our strengths and exploited our weaknesses. Reminds me of a team that I see do that to about 13 or 14 opponents every year.
    True, and I got the impression they were taken aback when they were punched back this year.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    As Lou Holtz used to say---the other team gives scholarships also. (I always liked that one.)

But the coaching is what forced us to do what were didnt want to do. It was really neat to see it drawn out on the field and explained.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

On of the best longsnappers I've watched in years, James Fisher, graduated. Anybody know who will step up into that position? I've heard rumors of Kennelly... but does anyone have any other insight?

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Too bad we didn't learn that lesson in the title game against JMU.
    If you hadn’t beat them deep on a broken coverage you lose that game. I don’t think you understand the point cas and I are making is that the margin for victory wouldn’t be so tight with better WRs.

If you hadn’t beat them deep on a broken coverage you lose that game. I don’t think you understand the point cas and I are making is that the margin for victory wouldn’t be so tight with better WRs.
    The margin of victory would increase if we had better talent at any position.

I understood the point perfectly. It was sarcasm. By the way, the reason that coverage was broken was due to Stick looking off the safety. And if JMU receivers could have caught a cold that day we probably would have lost. And if the defense had not stopped them some seven times inside the 25-yard line we lose. We also made several mistakes in that game that could have made the point spread larger.
    Paul Fix

Actually that was coaching, there was a article or interview that talked about how we were looking for that alignment and new they would have a very hard time covering it. The coaches and players took advantage of it. Not broken just defensed badly.