Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
Then explain to us here on Bisonville what the heck happened to SDSU, with their receivers and emphasis on the passing game, getting spanked by JMU?

BTW, our team are 14x Champs (for now), you dumb F'Hawker. They got their 7th title way back in 1988.
Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
Nope, you're just too dumb to understand. The teams in the FCS with the best receiving corp don't win National Championships, or haven't in a long time. Why? The defenses covering them are too good at this level.

Hence, why NDSU focuses on a run game with a West Coast Offense Scheme that utilizes TEs and RBs in the passing game too. Having some super elite WR at the FCS level isn't going to make much of a difference on how NDSU plays (maybe they throw the ball five more times a game, at most). Also, those type of WRs rarely play at this level. Moss did for bit along with T.O. and, of course, Jerry Rice. You see that type of WR in the FCS maybe once a decade.

In regards to FCS top WRs compared to guys likes R.J., they're not that much better, if at all. Their numbers are better because of one thing - the systems they play in. As I said before, if R.J. played for a team like SDSU instead of our team, we would have be envious of them like we were with Wieneke. His numbers would have been monstrous, but no National Championship rings to account for. The only reason you discount guys like Urzendowski and Vraa as elite WRs is because of their stats. That's flawed when not considering the system they play in.
RJ wouldn't have got the ball at SDSU. They had two bona fide star pass catchers. Nothing wrong with admitting another team has guys better at something. NDSU has had consistently very good defense since 2011. Very good offensive line play since 2010, good to great QB play, talented RB's, etc. NDSU has not had a receiver who is stupid good as long as I've been watching. Some great pass catchers no doubt like Vraa and RJ but nothing outstanding like the other position groups. I've always looked at WR's as a luxury item when you play the way NDSU does anyway.

Sometimes other teams have better players at certain positions. SDSU is a great example of that with Goedert and Weineke. NDSU(and most teams) would have been blessed to have either of those dudes on the team.