Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the potential weaknesses of the 2018 team?

Default Re: What are the potential weaknesses of the 2018 team?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not disregarding the talents Goedert and Weineke. They're extremely talented and played in a system that relied on their skills. Had either of those two played at NDSU, their numbers wouldn't be any different than numbers our WRs and TEs get. I also don't know if Goedert would have made the team if rumors about his work ethic is true.
    Ah yes, most guys go from walk on to a 2nd round draft pick because of their poor work ethic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Greatest weakness of this team? Back-up QBs are both red-shirt freshmen. I think we all remember what happened last time that a senior stud QB with talk of NFL draft went down with a serious injury and had to be replaced by a red-shirt freshman. Whatever happened to that kid?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Greatest weakness of this team? Back-up QBs are both red-shirt freshmen. I think we all remember what happened last time that a senior stud QB with talk of NFL draft went down with a serious injury and had to be replaced by a red-shirt freshman. Whatever happened to that kid?
    Yeah, Not denying that Back up QB doesn't concern me at ALL, but I would say, like in 2015, NDSU can absorb a young QB because of how absurd our running game is. We don't require our QBs to throw even 20x a game. If we needed to have one of the new guys start they might throw 10-15x a game and we'd just double down on our running game and still ROLL.

That being said- I'm praying that Easton is a vision of health this entire year
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Ah yes, most guys go from walk on to a 2nd round draft pick because of their poor work ethic.

You ever seen Connor Wentz, Jeff Illies or Kevin Vaadeland catch a ball? Its a thing a beauty. not that shitshow that Goedert pulls.

Your statement pretty much strengthens my point about how SDSU's offensive scheme exploits the skillset of receivers compared to NDSU. FYI, SDSU for about the past decade passes around 50% of the time compared to NDSU's 33%.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    You ever seen Connor Wentz, Jeff Illies or Kevin Vaadeland catch a ball? Its a thing a beauty. not that shitshow that Goedert pulls.
    Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Your statement pretty much strengthens my point about how SDSU's offensive scheme exploits the skillset of receivers compared to NDSU. FYI, SDSU for about the past decade passes around 50% of the time compared to NDSU's 33%.
    Lolwut? So he didn’t have the obvious talent to be offered a DI scholly anywhere but then the SYSTEM made him a second round draft pick? CANT. BREATHE.
    Oh yeah, and we threw all over the yard when we had Zenner and Minnet. Known as that passing team then.

Please don’t stop, I love people acting like the caricature of bison fans.

Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Right?

Lolwut? So he didn’t have the obvious talent to be offered a DI scholly anywhere but then the SYSTEM made him a second round draft pick? CANT. BREATHE.
    Oh yeah, and we threw all over the yard when we had Zenner and Minnet. Known as that passing team then.

Please don’t stop, I love people acting like the caricature of bison fans.

Dude, go check your school's stat book. I did, and in some years, your team threw more than it ran (2011, I believe).

In regards to talent vs. work ethic, NDSU has had plenty of highly talented recruits come in and leave after a year because they didn't want to put the work in. In regards to Dallas, I never disregarded his skills, but questioned his work ethic. This something he caused by himself, not our fanbase. Just Google "Dallas Goedert" and "Lazy." Yes, eventually he got "it" after a few years in regards to what he needed to do to be successful at SDSU, but would he have figured "it" out in a few seasons if he had walked-on to NDSU instead where blocking would have been more emphasized than catching passes? That's all speculation.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    You really are. Amazing.
    Had we had WRs who could have gotten some separation AND had correct play calls, I tend to agree with you on 7 FCS titles.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Had we had WRs who could have gotten some separation AND had correct play calls, I tend to agree with you on 7 FCS titles.

That’s because you know a little something about football. Being able to take the top off is always a valuable asset regardless of style of play.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    That’s because you know a little something about football. Being able to take the top off is always a valuable asset regardless of style of play.
    See semifinal loss to JMU, where they stacked the box and dared NDSU to beat them over the top.