Thread: NDSU's first reported verbal by year

Default NDSU's first reported verbal by year

Correct me if I'm wrong.

2019 - Luke Weertz
    2018 - Trey Lance
    2017 - Spencer Waege (almost got his redshirt pulled)
    2016 - Karson Schoening (played in 8 games his freshman year)
    2015 - Derrek Tuszka (he and Grimsley were the leading tacklers in last championship game, Derrek had 2 sacks and a hurry too)
    2014 - RJ Urzendowski (too many highlights to list - but his 100 yard effort in the 2014 championship game was pretty awesome - 78 of his yards were on the last drive)
    2013 - Grant Morgan and Jarrod Tuszka were the first reported verbals... later in the same day, Alex Hahn gave his verbal
    2012 - Jack Plankers (played in 51 games but only gained 10 yards for his career )
    2011 - Alex Meier was the first verbal but he decommitted and went to Army. Joe Horvath was next and something didn't pan out there
    2010 - Colten Heagle ? - he was pretty good
    2009 - Kevin Vaadeland - all he did was catch TDs

Edit: Adding more now (thanks for the input!)
    Last edited by tony; 06-19-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Default Re: NDSU's first reported verbal by year

I do remember that RJ Urzendowski was the first verbal in the class of 2014. I'm thinking Karson Schoening was the first in the class of 2016. No idea on 2015 but I'm sure someone who's less lazy than me could check out all the linked threads from the recruiting summary to see which one was first.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I do remember that RJ Urzendowski was the first verbal in the class of 2014. I'm thinking Karson Schoening was the first in the class of 2016. No idea on 2015 but I'm sure someone who's less lazy than me could check out all the linked threads from the recruiting summary to see which one was first.
    Correct. Karson was the first verbal of the 2016 class.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

this is one of my favorite week to ten days of the year. the upper Midwest kids love the 3 day camp where they get a ton of instruction from our staff as well as a ton of other coaches who come to help. Hands on coaching. This is not a 4 hour combine where you check in, do height and weight and run as fast as you can before leaving with your Dad. This is a camp. I wonder if other schools will realize that tagging on our camp is NOT working. The kids won't verbal to you and THEN go to NDSU. They want the NDSU. We are hot. May not always be, but there will be a batch of verbals coming up soon after this one. Reloading starts now...which is why we don't non stop bitch about injuries, we just bring in the next kid. the first two verbals had a total of 32 offers. Not a bad start. If you want to win, win recruiting battles. It starts with great players.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    this is one of my favorite week to ten days of the year. the upper Midwest kids love the 3 day camp where they get a ton of instruction from our staff as well as a ton of other coaches who come to help. Hands on coaching. This is not a 4 hour combine where you check in, do height and weight and run as fast as you can before leaving with your Dad. This is a camp. I wonder if other schools will realize that tagging on our camp is NOT working. The kids won't verbal to you and THEN go to NDSU. They want the NDSU. We are hot. May not always be, but there will be a batch of verbals coming up soon after this one. Reloading starts now...which is why we don't non stop bitch about injuries, we just bring in the next kid. the first two verbals had a total of 32 offers. Not a bad start. If you want to win, win recruiting battles. It starts with great players.
    I agree 100% I'm very excited to see what kids verbally commit to NDSU in the next week or so.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Updated the list.

While doing this, I found an article about Carson Wentz's commitment ("he'd like to play quarterback") which is pretty funny in retrospect.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Updated the list.

While doing this, I found an article about Carson Wentz's commitment ("he'd like to play quarterback") which is pretty funny in retrospect.
    Ha, that's classic. Nice work Tony. Let me know when you get back into the 1970s or so
    Get your BB tickets now!!!