Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 New Rules

Default Re: 2018 New Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    I think that allowing kids to play up to 4 games during their red shirt year is big. It gives young kids great experience, while allowing upperclassmen to not have to play with some nagging injuries. No longer will a red shirt know that he isn't ever going to play. They could be called upon at any time to step in for someone. It will elevate their motivation to train and be ready. Great rule in my mind.
    Sounds great but I wonder if there is a restriction on the which 4 games.
    First 4 of the season or any 4. Suspect that part will be revisited next year.

I think that allowing kids to play up to 4 games during their red shirt year is big. It gives young kids great experience, while allowing upperclassmen to not have to play with some nagging injuries. No longer will a red shirt know that he isn't ever going to play. They could be called upon at any time to step in for someone. It will elevate their motivation to train and be ready. Great rule in my mind.
    Its huge. You start the season with a few cup cake games and it keeps the starters fresh while giving the young player some reps, evaluation of film by the coaches, and keeps the players mouth watering by getting a taste of D1 football. Those redshirt years, while insanely valuable, can take a toll on a young players attitudes who want to play. A year for an 18 or 19 year old is much longer than a year for older people.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Sounds great but I wonder if there is a restriction on the which 4 games.
    First 4 of the season or any 4. Suspect that part will be revisited next year.
    I believe it's any four. Previously it was limited to the beginning of the year, but now I don't believe there is any restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I believe it's any four. Previously it was limited to the beginning of the year, but now I don't believe there is any restriction.
    From everything I'm reading, I think you are correct. Any four games.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If the player puts themselves in the data base and conferences can create their own rules from what I understand. I know that a player that puts their name on a a list is probably going to be phased out.
    What I'm asking is can colleges recruit players currently on a team without them being on the list? As in Alabama contacts for example Jabril Cox halfway through the season and says, "Hey, we really like the way you play. Put yourself on the transfer list and we'll keep a scholarship open for you." Are there rules in place to prevent this or is it open season?
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

From everything I'm reading, I think you are correct. Any four games.
    So, any four of the fifteen?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    So, any four of the fifteen?
    I would hope we can use them in any game including playoff games. I know on AGS some of the have nots seem to think they shouldn't be used after the regular season ends.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I would hope we can use them in any game including playoff games. I know on AGS some of the have nots seem to think they shouldn't be used after the regular season ends.
    Assuming they do allow it in the playoffs it makes you wonder had this rule been in place then how that 2016 JMU semifinal might've been different with a freshly unleashed true frosh Jabril Cox instead of Matt Plank (who was solid but never great) and a banged up PGT starting at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Assuming they do allow it in the playoffs it makes you wonder had this rule been in place then how that 2016 JMU semifinal might've been different with a freshly unleashed true frosh Jabril Cox instead of Matt Plank (who was solid but never great) and a banged up PGT starting at LB.
    One thing that I didn't realize until I saw a Klieman quote was in the Natty NDSU only 56 dressed instead of 70 because of injuries.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    What I'm asking is can colleges recruit players currently on a team without them being on the list? As in Alabama contacts for example Jabril Cox halfway through the season and says, "Hey, we really like the way you play. Put yourself on the transfer list and we'll keep a scholarship open for you." Are there rules in place to prevent this or is it open season?
    From my understanding, a player cannot be contacted until after he informs the school he wishes to transfer. The school then puts his name into the database within two days. After that, other schools are allowed to talk to him. I'll stand corrected if someone else has a different interpretation.