Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Verbal: Luke Weerts

Default Re: 2019 Verbal: Luke Weerts

Sounds like such a well spoken kid.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A good sign with a kid when he has a P5 offer and Ivy League interest.

I thought last years recruiting class was our best ever, but with this kind of start to the 2019 class it might surpass 2018. Welcome Luke.

The best part about this young man committing early is that he can be an awesome recruiter for us.

My guess is he is an awesome leader and will heavily try to get others who receive offers to come here. Once other recruits see his comments and the other offers he received, many will surely say, "That sounds like an awesome place and a team that is going to kick ass, so I should join him." Not only that, but we have a proven track record of producing NFL talent.

This has been seen before with guys like Stick and Lance just to name a few.

What a great situation!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

“Honestly, all the FBS teams don’t want to face NDSU,” Weerts said. “It’s a cool place and I don’t see the culture changing at all. I see them staying the way they are and that’s what drew me toward them over those FBS schools.”

NDSU is big ball rolling down hill right now, there is no stopping the momentum. A BIG draw to NDSU is the recent Pro Day with 21-22? teams in attendance. Goes back to the old saying "IF your good enough, they will find you". With that in mind, go play at a top flight FCS program, get national t.v. exposure etc... Vs. getting lost in the crowd at an FBS school that has newbies coming in the back door every year and little security as a player.

How many Tom Brady's do you think have come and past without playing time? He never started a game at Michigan (that I recall). Fell in behind a 3-4 year starter that never plays bad enough to "lose the job". at NDSU your probably gonna get your shot!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    NDSU is big ball rolling down hill right now, there is no stopping the momentum. A BIG draw to NDSU is the recent Pro Day with 21-22? teams in attendance. Goes back to the old saying "IF your good enough, they will find you". With that in mind, go play at a top flight FCS program, get national t.v. exposure etc... Vs. getting lost in the crowd at an FBS school that has newbies coming in the back door every year and little security as a player.

How many Tom Brady's do you think have come and past without playing time? He never started a game at Michigan (that I recall). Fell in behind a 3-4 year starter that never plays bad enough to "lose the job". at NDSU your probably gonna get your shot!!!!
    Nice post, but one correction---Brady was a backup to Brian Griese for two years and then started every game in 1998 and 1999.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post

Matt Cassel never started a game in college.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I wonder though coming out of Illinois what P5 would be bigger than K State that would have interest?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    B1G and Notre Dame. K State though...solid team normally. Big accomplishment to get their attention.
    College of Business Alumnus

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Nice post, but one correction---Brady was a backup to Brian Griese for two years and then started every game in 1998 and 1999.
    And it looks like when he did start he split time with Drew Hensen.