Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Verbal: Luke Weerts

Default Re: 2019 Verbal: Luke Weerts

He saw that 2013 beat down.

Wow this kid looks like a stud. We'll need a middle linebacker since we just lost Nick DeLuca

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Another Bison recruiting class that starts out with a bang!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

lots of time for a bigger name to come calling...ill hold my excitement till hes signed on the dotted line

but with that congrats on the staff for getting what appears another level of athlete, nice stealing one from Bill Snyder

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

During interview with Dino, he said (paraphrasing) 'NDSU has a reputation of playing NFL pro-style offense/defense that is good preparation if you want to play at the next level.' I think this is KEY. It is going to be important going forward with a reputation as a production school for those with post-graduate NFL aspirations.

As I say in my signature line... "if you want to play football, any school will do, but if you want to learn football, NDSU is the school for you." Welcome to your acceptance into the advanced football education program, Luke Weerts!
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Okay, I am super stoked, but feel the need to be the Debbie Downer. My gut tells me this kid wants a better P5 offer than K St. (I fully admit, I think that is a great P5 offer, but many kids may not.) Yes, he is saying all the right things, but think he'll be poached in late November. Yes, rip on me if this does not happen, and I am happy to buy you a beer at a tailgate because I want to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Okay, I am super stoked, but feel the need to be the Debbie Downer. My gut tells me this kid wants a better P5 offer than K St. (I fully admit, I think that is a great P5 offer, but many kids may not.) Yes, he is saying all the right things, but think he'll be poached in late November. Yes, rip on me if this does not happen, and I am happy to buy you a beer at a tailgate because I want to be wrong.
    I wonder though coming out of Illinois what P5 would be bigger than K State that would have interest?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wow! Just wow on the Luke Weerts commit!

Always thought Luke Dwyer would be the LB from Illinois to commit (Lake Zurich). By the way, Dwyer has his NDSU offer still his pinned 1st tweet, IIRC NDSU was his 1st offer. Dwyer up to 15 offers now that Navy offers, but......he has already retweeted Luke Weerts’ verbal to NDSU.

When I posted this on May 18th in the 2019 MVFC Recruiting Thread......

Speaking of an early NDSU offer whose recruiting blew up, LB Luke Weerts - 6’ 2” 230 - Batavia IL (14 or so offers, including Rice, Ball State, Ivy League schools)

Another standout from Batavia is three-star ranked inside linebacker Luke Weerts (6-foot-2, 230 pounds) and Weerts also named his Top 3 schools list earlier this week.

"My Top 3 schools list includes Kansas State, North Dakota State and Cincinnati," Weertz said. "I definitely have been working a lot harder at sorting out schools. My Dad and I created a spreadsheet that list schools along with different categories. One side of the spreadsheet are academics and the other side is athletics and I weight the strengths of each school all broken down. I'm looking at factors such as the overall community support of the football program, the overall environment and several other factors."

While it might appear on the surface that North Dakota State, the only FCS school in Weerts Top 3 could be at a disadvantage in his decision making process do not count of the multiple FCS champion Bison.

"North Dakota State football is a big deal," per Weerts. "They sell out the Fargodome for every game. North Dakota State might not be the size of the other two schools but they still have a lot to offer. North Dakota State reminds me a lot of Batavia and like our school football means something to everyone around North Dakota State."
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/pr...mpression=true

247 is predicting that Luke Weerts commits to Kansas State.
    ......really thought the Top 3 list was a very nice compliment to NDSU, but that Luke Weerts would do as 247 predicted and verbal to Kansas State. So wow, just wow again!
    Last edited by bruinbison; 06-07-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I wonder though coming out of Illinois what P5 would be bigger than K State that would have interest?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Too many to list which is why I am Debbie Downer.